
Unveiling Gwalior's Crown Jewel: The Royal Class Hotel Experience
Unveiling Gwalior's Crown Jewel: The Royal Class Hotel - A Royal Pain (But in the Best Way!) - A Messy, Honest Review!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a whirlwind tour of the Royal Class Hotel in Gwalior. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews – this is the real deal, warts and all (and trust me, there are some warts, but mostly… diamonds!). My experience? Let’s just say it was a rollercoaster that left me feeling both pampered and slightly bewildered. But in the end? I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Accessibility & Safety - Holding My Breath (and Then Relaxing)
Okay, so let's start with the stuff that actually matters. Accessibility. The website promised… well, it promised a lot. The reality? Mostly good, with a few head-scratching moments. They claim Facilities for disabled guests, which is fantastic, but exactly how accessible is always the tricky question. I saw an elevator, which is a huge plus. I didn't delve too deep into specific room layouts, but I did note the wide hallways. More investigation required, future travelers!
Safety-wise? They're taking it seriously. CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], smoke alarms, fire extinguishers… the whole shebang. They've clearly invested in the whole "don't die while you're here" package. They have a Doctor/nurse on call, which is comforting, though I hope I don’t need it. Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere, and the staff are definitely trying hard with the whole Hygiene certification thing.
Now, the COVID precautions. They're definitely doing something. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays… The constant sanitizing? A little overwhelming, honestly. It’s like living in a hospital, but with better food (more on that later). You can even, get this, opt out of room sanitization, which is actually kinda liberating. Staff trained in safety protocol, and that was evident. But I wish the hotel had a better policy of making the hotel cleaner than before the customer comes into the room.
Internet Access - The Digital Battlefield
Let's talk Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the digital gods! But the speed? Okay, it's usable. You can browse, stream (eventually), and probably even attempt a video call without wanting to throw your laptop out the window. The Internet [LAN] option is also available, but I wasn't brave enough to try connecting an ethernet cord. Just the thought of getting it tangled up in the hotel's cable management system was enough to give me nightmares. Wi-Fi in public areas was decent, too. It was the hotel internet, which is always an adventure. My advice? Download your favorite shows before you get there.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food, Glorious Food (Mostly)
This is where things get interesting. The Royal Class really tries to impress in this department. Restaurants are a-plenty. They have Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. But the crown jewel? I'd put it on the Indian food restaurant; their chicken tikka masala was the stuff of LEGENDS. I’m seriously considering going back just for that.
The Breakfast [buffet]? A classic. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Coffee/tea in restaurant. Pretty standard, but with a few delightful surprises. They had proper coffee, not that instant stuff. And their fresh fruit options were the real deal. A la carte in restaurant, Coffee shop. The food quality was good, but like any buffet, some dishes shone brighter than others.
Room service [24-hour]? Yes! Thank the heavens. That late-night craving for butter chicken? Sorted. Poolside bar, Snack bar was pretty amazing, but the drinks were expensive. The hotel also had Happy hour, which was good, but wasn’t sure.
But the restaurant has the best salad! Desserts in restaurant was too tempting.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Spa Day, Anyone? (Maybe)
The Royal Class really wants you to relax. Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool…. The list goes on. I tried ALL OF IT. Okay, maybe not all of it. But I tried.
The Pool with view? Stunning. The water was cool, the view was breathtaking. The Sauna and Steamroom? Bliss. The Spa was excellent, I spent a delightful three hours getting massaged, wrapped, scraped, and moisturized. The Fitness center was well-equipped and, for someone like me, who thinks going to the gym is the worst thing one can do, the gym made me feel better than the thought.
The Rooms - A Mixed Bag of Luxury and… Quirks
Ah, the rooms. Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
I stayed in a Non-smoking room, and…wow. It was clean, spacious, and the bed was so comfortable I almost cried (in a good way). Air conditioning worked like a charm. The Bathroom was HUGE, with a Separate shower/bathtub. Free bottled water, thank God. And that Mini bar? Tempting and strategically placed.
But… there were moments. The TV remote was a confusing beast. The Window that opens? Wonderful, but it took some wrestling with. The Soundproofing wasn't always perfect. I could still hear the… let's call them "enthusiastic" partiers down the hall. Room decorations were good, but a little outdated.
Services and Conveniences - Little Things That Matter
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
Okay! The hotel had a Concierge, that was an absolute lifesaver. Daily housekeeping was on point, the rooms were spotless every day. Dry cleaning and Laundry service were efficient. The Convenience store was handy for snacks and essentials (and late-night chocolate cravings).
For The Kids - Happy Little People
Okay, I don't have any kids. But they seem to have great facilities! Babysitting service, Family/child-friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Always a bonus!
Getting Around - The Great Escape
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
They have Car park [free of charge], which is a win. Taxi service was readily available.
Quirks and Imperfections - The Human Element
There's no escaping it: the Royal Class is not perfect. The service was sometimes a little slow (but always friendly). The decor, while generally luxurious, has moments of… "vintage charm". Prices were high. But honestly? These little imperfections? They make the experience more, well, real. It's not a cold, soulless hotel experience; it's a place with character, even if that character has a few eccentricities.
THE OFFER! (Because You Need to Know!)
Escape to Gwalior's Royal Retreat: Experience the Royal Class Hotel!
Tired of the same old boring getaway? Craving a touch of luxury with a side of authentic charm? Look no further!
Here's what you'll discover:
- Unwind in lavish rooms: Sink into king-sized beds, indulge in spa-like bathrooms, and enjoy unparalleled comfort.

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're headed to Gwalior, India, and I'm about to spill the chai on my ROYAL CLASS HOTEL adventure. Let's just say, this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed of travel. This is… well, this is me, in my messy, beautiful, slightly-off-kilter glory.
Day 1: Arrival (and a near-disaster with the luggage)
Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Delhi to Gwalior flight. Ugh, airports. The joy. I'm pretty sure I saw someone trying to smuggle a small, very grumpy-looking goat onto the plane. Security was… well, security. Let's just say my dignity took a hit when they demanded I remove my boots. And, oh god, the guy next to me kept talking about his crypto portfolio. KILL. ME. NOW.
Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Touchdown Gwalior! The moment the plane doors open, the heat hits you like a warm, spicy slap in the face. Glorious. The airport itself is… compact. And let's just say, the baggage claim area was a thrilling game of "Find Your Suitcase Before Someone Steals It." After a mild panic attack (my favourite red sundress, GONE!), I finally found my bag. Victory!
Morning (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Taxi to The Royal Class Hotel. The drive was a sensory overload. Scooters, cows, tuk-tuks, and vibrant colours whizzed by in a chaotic dance. I swear, I saw a man riding a water buffalo while juggling pineapples. Okay, maybe I didn't… but the point is, Gwalior is alive.
Afternoon (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Check-in, unpack, and a mini-meltdown about the lack of an adapter for my phone charger. Seriously, how did I forget that? After much flailing and a helpful (and very patient) hotel staff member, I was finally plugged in. The room itself? Well, it was… let's call it "eclectic." Definitely royal, with a slight hint of "grandma's attic." But hey, the air conditioning worked, and that's all that mattered after the flight.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel restaurant. I ordered a butter chicken. It was… good. Comfort food. I think I was still a little frazzled from the day's events, but the buttery, spiced flavours slowly eased my troubles.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Nap time! The glorious, much-needed nap. My brain finally turned off.
Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Evening walk and a stroll to the nearby markets. Oh, the markets! A riot of colour, scents, and haggling. I bought a scarf the colour of a sunset and almost got trampled by a rogue camel. Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, BUT the sheer energy of the place was intoxicating. And let's be honest, I love haggling. I feel strangely powerful when I get a good deal. The power!
Evening (8:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel (again. I’m tired.), this time for a veg thali. It was an explosion of flavours. My taste buds were doing the cha-cha. So much food. I struggled to finish it all.
Evening (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Bed. I feel like my body has gone through a war, but in a good way. I feel like I've lived a whole day, a lifetime almost.
Day 2: Gwalior Fort and the Great Sadness of History (and my stomach)
Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. A beautiful feast of fresh fruit, paratha, and an ungodly amount of chai. Oh, the chai. Liquid ambrosia. I may have had three cups. No regrets.
Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Gwalior Fort! Wow. Just… Wow. This place is epic. The architecture, the views, the history… it’s overwhelming in the best way. I hired a guide, which I highly recommend. I quickly lost my sense of direction. He explained tales of battles, and kings, and the sheer scale of the fort was incredible. It's like walking through a time machine. And it's HOT. I mean, sweat-pouring-down-your-back-and-into-your-socks hot. Seriously, I could wring out my clothes and make a small lake. The guy selling ice-cold water near the entrance was my saviour.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch somewhere near the fort. I had the worst dish. My stomach really did not like it. Ugh. Stomach ache for the next couple of hours.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Rest at the hotel.. I basically passed out. Or perhaps I was abducted into a deep slumber.
Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): A walk at the local Park. Pretty, but nothing extremely special. I enjoyed the silence and the sun.
Evening (8:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner in the hotel again. Mild food. Simple, but comforting.
Evening (9:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Before bed, writing diaries, and making plans.
Day 3: Farewell, Gwalior (and the overwhelming feeling of not being ready to leave)
Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Farewell breakfast. Sigh. Another cup of chai for the road.
Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): One last walk in the local market. Finding some souvenirs I can bring with me.
Afternoon (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Check Out. Saying goodbye to the staff.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Trip to the airport.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Last taste of the Indian food.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Flight.
Impressions of The Royal Class Hotel (and Gwalior in general):
- The Hotel: It's charmingly faded, full of character and the staff were incredibly kind. It wasn't perfect, but it was comfortable. The perfect mix of luxury and imperfections.
- Gwalior: This place is wild, chaotic, vibrant, and utterly captivating. It’s a place that gets under your skin, in the best way. The best of it all!
So, there you have it. My Gwalior adventure. It was messy, it was imperfect, but it was real. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Mittal Tower, Dehradun's Hidden Gem!
Okay, spill! Is the Royal Class Hotel in Gwalior REALLY all that? Like, are we talking 'five-star-suck-up' good, or 'finally-a-decent-hotel-in-this-city' good?
Alright, buckle up, buttercup. The Royal Class Hotel? Depends on your expectations, really. I went in after a disastrous bus ride and a near-miss with a rogue rickshaw (seriously, Gwalior traffic is a sport), so anything with a functioning air conditioner was a win in my book. And the AC? Gloriously ice-cold. But "all that"? Hold your horses. It's definitely a good hotel. Think… solid. Clean. Well-intentioned. But like, five-star? Nah. More like… Very-Good-Four-Star-Trying-Really-Hard. They try, bless their cotton socks, they *really* try.
Let's talk rooms. Are they actually ROYAL? I’m envisioning thrones and velvet ropes. (Maybe a tiny throne?)
Thrones? Sadly, no tiny thrones. Unless you count the rather plush armchair in my room, which felt throne-like after the aforementioned bus ride. The rooms? Spacious, thankfully. Not cramped. Clean, yes. Which is a major plus. The decor is… well, let’s call it "classic." Lots of dark wood, some possibly-real-but-definitely-old paintings of vaguely historical figures, and a bed that was comfortable enough. I will admit, I’m a light sleeper and the air conditioning was a bit *loud*. I ended up sleeping with earplugs. Which, in retrospect, may have been a blessing, as I was later told (but didn't hear) that someone *may* have been practicing a particularly enthusiastic rendition of Bollywood music on their trumpet at 3 AM. "Classic" also includes some outdated technology. The TV? Good luck figuring out the remote. After a good 20 minutes I just gave up and watched the news in silence. And that carpet? It definitely saw some good years... and possibly a few stains you *don't* want to think about. But overall, a decent room. A place I'd be happy to collapse in after a long day of exploring. Just… bring your own tiny throne.
The food! Tell me about the food! Is it spicy enough to make me cry happy tears, or bland enough to make me cry out of sheer boredom?
Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting. The breakfast buffet was a mixed bag. I'd say about 60% amazing, 40% "huh?" They had a dosa station, which was glorious. Crispy, perfect. They also had a pancake station. Which, let's just say, my pancake ended up looking more like a frisbee. I *may* have stared at the chef with thinly veiled judgement. He didn't seem to notice. Other offerings included some very tasty aloo paratha (potato-filled flatbread), and some… let’s call them “mystery sausages.” The coffee was lukewarm and tasted faintly of… well, let’s leave that to the imagination. Lunch and dinner were a tad more adventurous. I had a butter chicken that was genuinely delicious. Like, "I'd-almost-fight-someone-for-another-helping" delicious. Then I also had a vegetable curry the next day that, while tasty, may (or may not) have caused my stomach some friendly dissent later. So, the food situation? Hit or miss, leaning towards a hit… but with some minor digestive consequences. Bring some Pepto-Bismol, just in case.
The staff! Are they friendly? Do they speak English? Do they understand “more tea, please!”?
The staff? This is where the Royal Class *really* shines. They are genuinely lovely people. Smiling, helpful, and eager to please. English? Most had a good grasp of English. I did have one slightly awkward interaction where I tried to explain that I wanted a bottle of water and the waiter kept bringing me *hot* water. It was a comedy of errors. We finally got there, with a lot of hand gestures and a general understanding that, yes, "cold" is preferable to "hot" when it comes to drinking water. And “more tea, please!” ? Absolutely no problem. They were practically psychic with the tea refills. And when my phone charger stopped working (a tragedy, let me tell you), they went out of their way to find me a replacement. Bless them. They were the best part of the whole experience. They make up for a lot. Seriously, give those people a raise.
Is there a pool? And if so, is it a sparkling oasis of relaxation, or a cloudy swamp of questionable hygiene?
There IS a pool! Hooray, good news! But prepare yourself. It's not exactly a sparkling oasis. It was... functional. Clean-ish. The water wasn't crystal clear. I won't lie, I hesitated before getting in. I saw a couple of people enjoying themselves, paddling around, looking blissfully unconcerned. I eventually took the plunge (pun intended). It was… refreshing. The surrounding area was a bit… tired. A few sun loungers, a few towels, and a general air of “seen-better-days.” I spent about 20 minutes in there, watching the kids having fun. I was not sure if it was for me or not. Overall, the pool? Use with guarded optimism. Bring your own goggles and a healthy dose of 'ignorance is bliss.' And maybe shower *thoroughly* afterwards. Just saying.
What about the location? Is it convenient for sightseeing, or am I going to spend half my trip in a taxi?
The location is… decent. It's not slap-bang in the thick of things, but it’s also not miles away from everything. You’re going to need a taxi or auto-rickshaw to get to most of the main attractions. The Gwalior Fort, the Jai Vilas Palace… all a short, and bumpy, ride away. The upside? It’s a relatively quiet area, away from the constant honking of horns. You're not going to roll out of bed and stumble into a historical monument, but you can easily hire an auto rickshaw at any time of the day (or night, for that matter). So yes, you'll be using taxis, but it's manageable. Just factor it into your budget. And be prepared for some serious negotiations with the auto-rickshaw drivers. Learning a few basic Hindi phrases helps. "Kitna?" (How much?) becomes your new best friend.
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
Honestly? Probably. Despite the slightly dated decor, the temperamental air conditioning, and the slightly mysterious pool water. If I returned to Gwalior, I’d probably stay at the Royal Class Hotel again. Why? Because the staff were amazing. The rooms were comfortable enough after aThe Stay Journey

