Bologna's Hidden Gem: Polese 36B - Your Italian Dream Awaits!

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Bologna's Hidden Gem: Polese 36B - Your Italian Dream Awaits!

Bologna's Hidden Gem: Polese 36B - My Brain Just Exploded (in a Good Way!)

Okay, so let's be real. I'm the kind of person who researches EVERYTHING before a trip. I'm talking spreadsheets, color-coded notes, the whole shebang. Bologna? Dream destination. Polese 36B? Whispers of "hidden gem" and "Italian dream." So, naturally, I went in expecting… well, a checklist. And what I got was… whoa.

Accessibility? Let's start there, because, honestly, in Italy, sometimes "accessible" feels like a suggestion. Polese 36B actually gets it. I didn't personally need full wheelchair accessibility, but I saw the effort. Elevators, smooth walkways… major points for trying and succeeding where so many others fumble. They’ve got a serious commitment to including everyone and that's a big deal.

(Rant alert!) I once stayed at a “luxury” hotel in Rome, and the "disabled access" meant a glorified ramp up a flight of stairs. Polese 36B doesn't do that garbage. They go above and beyond.

On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: I didn't scrutinize every corner of every room, but the main restaurant seemed open and welcoming. This isn't just a checkbox thing; it's a vibe. The whole place invites you in.

Internet? Oh, it’s everywhere! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Important, people, important.) There's even LAN if you're old school. I mean, I wouldn't use it, but it’s there. Fine. Bonus points! Internet services are abundant. Connecting was easy. Thank you, modern world!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax… (Prepare to drool!) This is where things get really good. The pool with a view? Seriously Instagrammable. I spent a solid afternoon lounging there, pretending I was a glamorous Italian in a movie. The sauna and spa? Sigh. I got a massage (yes, you NEED to get a massage, it is a MUST if you are in Italy), which was… heavenly. Pure, unadulterated bliss. They've got a spa/sauna too! Plus a steam room. It felt like all my stress and anxieties were just… poof. (I’m still not sure what the body scrub and body wrap are… but I did hear the other guests raving about them. Maybe next time!) And a fitness center if you're the type to torture yourself while on vacation. I am NOT, but it's there, so, points for effort!

(Anecdote: Spa Day!) The massage therapist, bless her heart, barely spoke English, and I barely spoke Italian. But somehow, through the universal language of shoulder rubs, we got it done. And afterwards, I felt like I could conquer the world (or at least, the next plate of pasta). They even had a foot bath, because apparently, my feet deserved a spa day too!

Cleanliness and Safety: The Post-COVID Considerations Let's be honest, we're all a little freaked out these days. Polese 36B gets that. They’ve got:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas.
  • Hand sanitizer everywhere.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol.
  • Sterilizing equipment.
  • You can opt-out of room sanitization (which is nice if you're a germaphobe like me).
  • Safe Dining Setup
  • Hygiene Certification They take it seriously without being overly sterile. They even have individually wrapped food options if you’re sketched out by the buffet, and the staff are all geared up and taking things seriously. I felt safe. I felt protected.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare Your Stomach! Okay, this is Bologna! Home of… well, everything delicious. And Polese 36B doesn’t disappoint. The Breakfast [buffet] was a glorious experience. I’m talking mountains of pastries, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, and, yes, even an Asian breakfast option! (I stuck with the croissants – no regrets.) The A la carte in restaurant is to die for… the international cuisine in restaurant is truly international. I made a point of hitting the snack bar a few times. It was convenient and surprisingly good. The poolside bar? Well, that’s where I developed a serious aperitivo habit. They also have a vegetarian restaurant. (And they also have a happy hour -- win!) They have restaurants on site, room service [24-hour] gasp and a coffee shop… and a bottle of water and sometimes they just put soup in the restaurant. Honestly, it’s worth being fat for.

(Quirky Observation:) I swear, the waitstaff at the café could anticipate when I needed a refill on my cappuccino. Creepy. Efficient. Delicious.

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything! This is where Polese 36B really shows its polish. Air conditioning in public area is ESSENTIAL. Concierge service was a lifesaver – booked me a cooking class and recommended an amazing gelato place. Daily housekeeping was spotless. Laundry service, dry cleaning. You name it, they got it. Plus, facilities for disabled guests, luggage storage, a gift/souvenir shop (I bought WAY too many postcards). They even have a cash withdrawal. They really have thought of everything!

(Messy Structure Alert) Okay, I’m skipping some of the smaller stuff, because let's be honest, I’m getting hungry thinking about that breakfast buffet again. But the point is, they make things easy. They want you to relax and enjoy yourself. They're even ready to host your On-site event hosting, to boot!

For the Kids: While I wasn’t traveling with kids (bless their hearts), I spotted kids facilities and heard whispers of a babysitting service. Definitely a family-friendly spot.

Available in all rooms! (and then some!) The "room" is more like a mini-apartment. They have Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. And oh god, did I mention the Additional toilet? And an Interconnecting room(s) available!

(Rambling Alert:) I need these in my LIFE. I mean, every single one of them! It's ridiculous. It's indulgent. And it's glorious! And the fact they've got a couple's room? OMG! I'd love to know more!

Check-in/out… I will admit, it was a breeze. Honestly, the smooth Check-in/out was exactly what I needed after a long flight. It's also Check-in/out [private], which might be perfect, if you aren't as much of a people person as I am. There's also a Front desk [24-hour].

Safety and Security… the list is long and reassuring. The hotel has a CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Safe/security feature, Security [24-hour]

Getting Around… They made it so easy getting around. Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Valet parking, Taxi service.

The Imperfections… Okay, I'm NOT a fan of any hotel chain, but this one is an exception, because it's a hotel chain. I, perhaps, am not the best person, to talk about Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed. And I didn't see a shrine. But who cares? It was just a few minor things, and it made the adventure all the more real.

The Emotional Verdict: Look, I've stayed in a lot of hotels. Some good. Some bad. Polese 36B isn't just good. It's an experience. It's luxurious. It's comfortable. It's… magical. It's the kind of place you reluctantly leave, already planning your return.

**(Stronger Emotional

Gainesville Getaway: Extended Stay America Select Suites - Unbeatable Value!

Book Now

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly manicured itinerary. We're talking Bologna, Italy - the food capital! - and we're doing it my way. That means less precision and more… chaos. And gelato. Lots and lots of gelato. We’re staying at Italianway – Polese 36 B, which, fingers crossed, is even half as charming as the pictures make it seem. Let's go!

Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for the Perfect Bolognese

  • Morning (Maybe): Arrive at Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ). Pray the luggage gods are kind. Last time in Italy, my suitcase ended up in… well, let's just say it involved a lot of frantic phone calls and a surprisingly eloquent baggage handler in fluent Italian which I didn't understand. Fingers crossed for a smooth landing and a quick taxi ride to Italianway – Polese 36 B. I'm picturing a sun-drenched balcony, fresh air, and the promise of pasta.
  • Lunch (Whenever I get hungry, realistically): Okay, deep breath. First order of business: find the Bolognese. This is a sacred mission. I’ve done hours of research (mostly late-night scrolling on travel blogs fueled by wine), and a few places are on the shortlist. Trattoria Anna Maria is a contender, as is Osteria dell'Orsa (supposedly buzzing with locals, which is a good sign, right?). The problem is, navigating Bologna for the first time… it's a maze! I'm sure I'll get utterly lost, maybe accidentally end up ordering something completely different (but delicious, hopefully).
    • My Take: Bologna is, and I repeat, a maze. Allow for the inevitable wrong turns and the charmingly bewildered look that comes with it. Embrace it. It's part of the fun, trust me.
  • Afternoon: Errands/Sightseeing (in a general direction): Let's be real, after that pasta, I'm going to need a nap. But before that, I'll try and find the Piazza Maggiore, just to get my bearings. Oh, and maybe grab some local snacks… mortadella (the pink deliciousness), Parmigiano-Reggiano (the King of Cheese!), and some local wine to enjoy on that balcony I am praying for. Will also need to find a supermarket… and a gelato place. Priority, obviously.
  • Evening: The Bolognese Judgment: Dinner. I’m torn. Should I hit up the highly-rated restaurant or go for the one that smells the best? The one with the line spilling onto the street? That’s usually a good sign, right? The anticipation is killing me. I’m also pretty sure I’ll be making a total food fool of myself. Like, wearing the bolognese on my shirt type of fool. And I wouldn't even hate it.
    • Emotional Reaction: I'm already feeling the thrill, the excitement, the hunger. There is something so utterly magical about the idea of eating amazing food in a new city. The promise of amazing food, it's everything.
  • Night (Possibly): Stumble back to Italianway – Polese 36 B, feeling blissfully full and a little bit tipsy. Maybe I'll attempt to write in my journal, which will probably devolve into incoherent scribbles.

Day 2: Towers, Tarts and Tourist Traps (Maybe)

  • Morning: The Leaning Towers of Bologna! Gotta do it, right? I mean, you can't not see them. I'll try to get there early to avoid the crowds. Also, I'm terrified of heights. But, it's for the 'gram!
  • Lunch: A Random Discovery: Forget that fancy restaurant, I'm looking for the perfect piadina (a thin flatbread sandwich). This time I will attempt to find a non-touristy place. And maybe try to order in Italian. "Vorrei… uh… una… whatever the best one is, please?" See? I'm practically fluent.
  • Afternoon: The market! Time to experience the Mercato di Mezzo. Pictures abound with the colors, smells, and sheer energy of the place. I will sample everything, buy far too much, and probably regret it later. I'm terrible with money on vacation.
    • Quirky Observation: How can such a small space contain so much deliciousness?
  • Evening: Gelato Overload (The Sequel): I will eat gelato. I will eat so much gelato, that the gelato vendors will recognize me by name. I'll probably end up trying every single flavor. I'm a simple woman. I see gelato and I eat it.
  • Night: A slower evening, I'm assuming I'll be stuffed from all the food. Maybe a bit of people-watching in Piazza Maggiore, basking in the glow of the city, and hopefully not getting lost.

Day 3: Day Trip and Departure (Sob!)

  • Morning: A day trip! Decisions, decisions. Florence is tempting, but that’s a lot of travel. Modena, home of balsamic vinegar, is calling to me. Or perhaps a cooking class?
    • Emotional Reaction: This is the hardest part. The end is in sight. I will not do it. I will not think of departure. Not yet.
  • Lunch: Wherever the day trip takes me, hopefully, it involves more incredible food.
  • Afternoon: More adventures! Perhaps a final wander through Bologna, searching for that perfect souvenir, or maybe I will succumb to the allure of yet another pasta dish.
  • Evening: Farewell Feast: Okay, I will not leave without eating one more plate of pasta. Maybe two. This time it will be Tortellini in brodo. It has to be.
  • Night (The Sad Part): Pack. Seriously not looking forward to it. Try and savor every last moment. Sigh dramatically. Get a good night's sleep.
  • Departure: Head to the airport, most likely a little bit heartbroken. Vow to return as soon as humanly possible.

Imperfections and Realities:

  • Language: My Italian is terrible. Expect lots of hand gestures and the occasional bewildered expression.
  • Lost: I will get lost. It's inevitable.
  • Budget: I will overspend. Food is my weakness.
  • Pacing: This is more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule. I might spend an entire day in one spot if I fall in love with it. Or, I might be utterly exhausted by the end of day one. Who knows?
  • The Weather: It's Bologna in [Month of travel], so hopefully, it’ll be beautiful. But regardless I’ll bring a jacket just in case.
  • Gelato: Seriously, I'm serious about the gelato.

This, my friends, is the beginning of my Bologna adventure. Wish me luck! And pray for my stomach.

Escape to Paradise: Villa La Font's Luxury Awaits in Carlos Paz!

Book Now

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Polese 36B: The Unfiltered Truth (and Maybe Your Italian Dream?)

Okay, seriously, what IS Polese 36B? Like, beyond the brochures?

Alright, so Polese 36B… it’s not just a fancy address. It's… an experience. Forget those Instagram perfection shots. It's a hidden gem alright, hidden behind the usual tourist traps, right in the heart of Bologna. Think a cozy, family-run apartment (that’s the official description, anyway). I’d call it a lovingly-worn-in haven. My first impression? "Woah, is this *really* Bologna?" It smelled faintly of pasta sauce and... well, that authentic Italian smell you can't quite describe. Sort of like old bookshops and sunshine. Actually, hold on, I need to find my notes… Yeah, here it is: "Smells like nonna's kitchen, but with WiFi. Score!" That pretty much sums it up.

How "hidden" are we talking? Is getting there like climbing Mount Everest?

Not Everest. Thank God. Bologna is a pedestrian paradise, but finding the place… well, it took me a solid half-hour the first time. Let's just say my sense of direction rivals a goldfish. Google Maps is your friend. Your VERY good friend. You'll be walking down narrow, winding streets (which, honestly, is part of the charm!), past centuries-old buildings. Expect to get a *little* lost. Embrace it. It's how you discover the tiny trattorias and gelato shops you’d never find otherwise. There was this one time, I swear, I was circling the block. Almost gave up and went back to the hotel. Then, BAM! Found it. It's a bit off the beaten track, but absolutely *worth* the hunt. The relief when you finally see the number 36B... pure gold.

The apartment itself… give me the lowdown. Is it glamorous? (Be honest!)

Glamorous, no. Charming? Absolutely. Think exposed brick, maybe a slightly wonky window or two (part of the character!), and furniture that's seen some life. It's not a sterile hotel room; it's *lived-in*. The kind of place where you could imagine a family having dinner for generations. I remember the first time I entered the living area, there was a small, dusty, worn-out sofa, but the ambiance of the room was more inviting than any modern style sofa. It's comfortable, spacious, feels... real. Okay, there was a slight problem the first night, the Wi-Fi kept cutting out. I ended up having to learn to *relax*… imagine that! (Just kidding—I fixed it myself. It was a loose wire, you know, the usual. But still, the thought of disconnecting was both terrifying and freeing!) Bonus points for the *incredible* smell of the kitchen, but I almost forgot the apartment layout! The bedrooms are cozy, the bathroom functional (read: not the fanciest, but clean!), and the kitchen… well, the kitchen is where the magic happens. More on that later… Trust me, you’re not there for luxury; you're there for the experience.

Is it good for kids? (Because let's be real, travel with kids is a whole different ball game.)

Hmmm. Depends on your kids. My kids, are a mess... Let me think… if your kids are the type to appreciate history, charm, and the simple joys of life (and aren't afraid of a little imperfection), then absolutely. If they're expecting pristine, hotel-style accommodations and a constant stream of tech… maybe not. There honestly weren't many toys or flashy toys for my kids to use, but they actually appreciated the experience. The kids didn't care about TV. They played with the toys we brought while me and my wife cooked our own meals. I'm not going to lie, there's a stairwell, it wouldn't be the easiest thing to go up and down with a stroller. It's a very "Italian" experience, which means it can be a bit chaotic. There is a grocery store near by, that's always a plus. It's the kind of place where you'll be making memories, not just ticking off sights on a list. My kids actually enjoyed the place. It made me feel good, and that's the most important part.

The kitchen! You teased me! What's the deal? Is it well-equipped?

Okay, okay, the kitchen. This is where Polese 36B truly shines. It’s not just a kitchen; it's a portal to culinary heaven. And THIS is where my experience truly comes alive. Forget your minimalist, fancy-pants kitchens. This place has *everything*. Not just the essentials – pots, pans, things to mix with, plates. Nope. They had… everything… for some reason. There was a rolling pizza cutter, a well-loved pasta maker (which I, unfortunately, couldn’t figure out, but I tried!), and enough olive oil to supply a small village. You know when everyone talks about experiencing "Italian Cuisine"... You get to *live* it! The moment I realized that I could buy fresh pasta, local cheeses, and fantastic salami, all within a few blocks, and then *cook* them in THAT kitchen… well, let's just say I spent half my trip there. The first night? Disaster. I tried to make carbonara. Almost set off the smoke alarm. But hey, the mistakes are part of the fun, right? (Don’t worry, the second night? Carbonara champion! Or, at least, “edible carbonara” champion).

I cooked almost everyday! I felt like I had a real home during my stay. Also, I remember the local spice shop that was a corner away. I brought all of my friends back, and they also loved the food.

What's the location like? Is it noisy at night?

The location is *perfect*. Right in the historic center, close to everything. But here's the kicker: it's tucked away on a quieter street. I slept incredibly well. Now, let's be real, you're in Italy. You'll hear something, a distant car, the chatter of people enjoying themselves at the cafes. It's the sounds of life, not some annoying noise. I actually found it *comforting*. You can walk to the Piazza Maggiore, the Two Towers, all the main attractions. And speaking of attractions, you're also walking distance to amazing restaurants that are absolutely not just made for tourists. I found the best pizza of my LIFE, just around the corner. The best... pizza... EVER. I still dream about it. The location is a huge win - a great base to explore Bologna without feeling stuck in a tourist trap.

Anything I should be aware of before booking? Any downsides? (Be honest!)

Okay, full disclosure time. No place is perfect. First, communication with the owners can be a little… Italian. They are super friendly, which is wonderful, but you need to be patient. Expect a bit of a relaxed pace in the communication process. Also, be prepared to climb some stairs. It'Find Secret Hotel Deals

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy

Italianway - Polese 36 B Bologna Italy