
Manila's HOTTEST 23sqm Condo: LetStay Sun Residences 1-Bedroom Steal!
Manila's HOTTEST 23sqm Condo: LetStay Sun Residences 1-Bedroom Steal! - My Honest, Messy Review (and Why You NEED to Book!)
Okay, folks, let's be real. Finding a decent place in Manila that doesn't break the bank is a mission. And frankly, 23sqm? That's… cozy. But LetStay Sun Residences, the so-called "1-Bedroom Steal," had me intrigued. After all, sometimes a steal is exactly what you need. So, I booked it. And now, after a few days of navigating the chaos of Manila (and a few too many trips to the sari-sari store for emergency snacks), I'm ready to spill the tea.
First Impressions (and a Minor Panic Attack):
Arriving at Sun Residences felt like stepping into a bustling little city. It’s HUGE. Finding the right tower was a mini-adventure in itself (thank goodness for the friendly doorman!), but once I found it, my heart rate settled. The lobby isn't exactly the Ritz, but it's clean, bright, and there was a concierge always on hand (24-hour front desk! Score!). This already felt safer than some dingy hostels I've stayed in.
Accessibility and Getting Around (Before the Coffee Kicks In):
Let's talk accessibility. Sun Residences boasts an elevator and facilities for disabled guests which is a HUGE plus in a city where navigating sidewalks feels like an obstacle course. I didn't personally test the full accessibility, but the fact that it’s there is appreciated.
Getting around from Sun Residences is pretty doable. Taxi service is readily available, and you can easily request a ride through Grab. They also offer airport transfer (which I didn't use, but it's a nice touch) and there’s car park [on-site] Car park [free of charge] – big wins for those renting cars.
The 23sqm Fortress: Room Review (Hold Your Breath):
Alright, the moment of truth. 23sqm. MY GOD. I walked in, took a deep breath, and braced myself. Honestly? It’s… surprisingly well-designed. They've maximized every inch.
Essentials: Air conditioning (THANK YOU, LORD!), Free Wi-Fi (yes, Wi-Fi [free] in the room!), a desk, a coffee/tea maker, a refrigerator, a tiny but functional kitchenette, and a private bathroom. It's got the basics, and that's what matters. It's the kind of room where you learn to live like a minimalist, FAST.
The Good Stuff: The bed was comfy (I appreciated the extra long bed!), and the blackout curtains were a lifesaver after battling Manila's relentless sunshine. The shower had surprisingly good water pressure (a MUST-HAVE for me!), and the slippers provided were a nice, subtle touch. Additional toilet.
The Small Things that Annoyed Me (Just a Little): The internet access – wireless was a little spotty at times. The room decorations were…minimalist, to put it politely. I missed having a proper armchair. The hair dryer almost worked. Don't expect luxury, expect functional comfort. And hey! Window that opens is a plus!
Food, Glorious Food (and the Struggle to Find a Decent Meal):
Okay, full disclosure: I'm a HUGE foodie. This is where Sun Residences gets interesting.
On-site Dining: There are restaurants and a coffee shop downstairs that are available, but… well, let's just say I didn't exactly go gaga over the options. However, you got the basics with Breakfast [buffet] and Asian breakfast available in some restaurants, even though I preferred to take a Breakfast takeaway service. The Room service [24-hour] is convenient, but the menu is limited. The Poolside bar is a nice touch for a quick snack and drinks.
Restaurant Recommendations: As an additional perk, I got to enjoy the Vegetarian restaurant and Asian cuisine in restaurant.
Local Flavors are available: Bottle of water is available.
Alternative meal arrangement and Coffee/tea in restaurant, a little bit of perk for every guests.
Outside Options: This is where Sun Residences shines! You're surrounded by various food establishments. There are plenty of restaurants and snack bar. Finding something decent isn't hard.
Amenities and Things to Do (Because You Can't Just Live in Your Room):
Pool with View: This is the real jewel. The swimming pool [outdoor] on the rooftop is stunning! The Pool with view is exactly what you need after a long day. Plus, the gym/fitness center helped me work off all those lechon calories.
Relaxation Station: I didn't try the Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, or Steamroom, but hey, they’re there! So, if you're into pampering, you're covered.
Don't Forget: Sun Residences has a Fitness center!
Cleanliness and Safety (My Inner Germaphobe Was Mostly Happy):
Cleanliness: The room was spotless on arrival. Daily housekeeping is included, and it's efficient. The common areas are kept clean, and I saw staff constantly disinfecting. Rooms sanitized between stays, a HUGE plus.
Safety: This place takes safety seriously. There’s CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, security [24-hour], fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, and safe dining setup. Felt secure even when I was alone.
The Little Things: Hand sanitizer is readily available, and they use anti-viral cleaning products. Hygiene certification is available.
Services and Conveniences (Because Life is Easier with a Little Help):
- The Perks: The concierge was super helpful, the laundry service and dry cleaning were lifesavers (Manila humidity is NO JOKE!), and the convenience store downstairs saved me from countless snack runs.
- Handy Services: Cash withdrawal, luggage storage, and the invoice provided added extra points.
For the Kids (Family Friendly?):
- Family/child friendly is available.
The Not-So-Pretty (and Why It Still Might Be Worth It):
- Internet Issues: The internet speed wasn't always consistent. Prepare for some buffering.
- Noise Levels: Being in a busy city means noise. You'll hear traffic, and sometimes, your neighbors. Bring earplugs if you’re a light sleeper.
- The 23sqm Factor: It’s small! If you’re claustrophobic, this might not be for you. But honestly, it’s manageable.
The Emotional Verdict (Brace Yourself):
Look, LetStay Sun Residences isn't perfect. It's not the lap of luxury. But for the price? The location? The rooftop pool?! It's a STEAL. I came in expecting a budget experience, and I got that, but I also found a clean, safe, and surprisingly comfortable base for exploring Manila. The staff was friendly, the amenities were decent, and the convenience factor was HUGE.
SEO Keyword Blitz (Because I Need You to Find This Review!):
- Manila Condo
- Sun Residences
- 1-Bedroom Condo Manila
- Budget Hotel Manila
- Affordable Accommodation Manila
- LetStay Sun Residences Review
- Manila Hotel with Pool
- Condo for Rent Manila
- Manila Hotels
- Accessibility Manila Accommodation
My Recommendation (and the Big Finish):
Book it. Seriously. If you’re traveling to Manila on a budget, you want a convenient location, and you don’t mind cozy quarters, LetStay Sun Residences is a winner. Just manage your expectations, embrace the chaos, and spend your extra cash on sisig and mango shakes. You won’t regret it.
Final Thought: I’d stay here again. And that, my friends, is the highest praise I can give. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm craving a swim. The pool is calling my name!
Jeddah's BEST Kept Secret: Delmon Hotel Suites Luxury Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly polished travel brochure. This is real life, sunburnt skin, and questionable food decisions all rolled into one chaotic Manila adventure. We're talking about a trip based out of a LetStay: Sun Residences 1-Bedroom Condo 23-Sqm Manila Philippines. Tiny, but hey, it's home base!
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (aka, Manila, I'm Here!)
- 5:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at NAIA Terminal 3. Okay, first off, the air conditioning in this airport is a LIE. It's like they're actively trying to make you sweat. I swear I saw a guy selling bottled tears. The immigration line? Faster than I expected, surprisingly. Maybe because it's 5 AM and everyone's still asleep?
- 6:00 AM - Grab to Sun Residences. This is where the "fun" begins. The Grab app works… sometimes. Today, blessedly, it does. Roads are already insane. Motorbikes weaving, jeepneys belching smoke, and me, a wide-eyed tourist clinging to dear life. The drive is punctuated by my internal monologue: "Am I really ready for this? Did I pack enough deodorant? Do they have good coffee?"
- 7:00 AM - Check-in & Condo Inspection. Finding the actual entrance? A quest. The condo itself? Tiny. But clean! Okay, acceptable. The view? Actually pretty decent! Overlooks a chaotic tangle of city – a beautiful kind of chaos. Initial thought: "I could live here… for a few days, maybe."
- 8:00 AM - Coffee Emergency. Found a 7-Eleven nearby. They have instant coffee. Ugh. But necessary. Fueling up for the day.
- 9:00 AM - Local Discovery! (Sort of) A wander around the mall beside the condo. This is where the cultural adjustment really hits. Everything's intensely…practical. Every shop sells everything, and all of them have a million people milling around. Food court is a sensory overload. I got a snack…I think it was some sort of… fried, sweet, blob thing? No regrets!
- 12:00 PM - Lunch! Had a craving for something authentic, so I ventured out of the mall and ate at a small canteen I found. The food was delicious, full of flavor, and cheap as chips. Although, I noticed the flies started to gather as soon as the food was served. A small inconvenience considering the taste.
- 2:00 PM - Siesta Time. Let's be real, this heat is exhausting. A quick nap is a must. Though I did keep waking to the noises of the city.
- 4:00 PM - Grocery Run. Figuring out the grocery store is a mission. I was trying to buy ice cream, but I couldn't understand the person behind the counter. I ended up with a bag of mystery snacks and some bottled water.
- 6:00 PM - Back to the Condo and Dinner. My snacks were delicious, and I decided to just eat these as dinner.
- 7:00 PM - The Great Internet Struggle. The condo internet is… iffy. Prepare for slow downloads and buffering. Guess I'll just stare out the window and process this whole Manila thing.
- 8:00 PM - Evening Reflection - The 'Am I Going to Survive?' Moment: Curled up on the tiny sofa, staring at the city lights. Feeling a mixture of exhilaration and pure, unadulterated overwhelm. Manila is a beast, but it's also… kind of incredible. This is going to be an adventure, that's for sure.
Day 2: Intramuros and The Power of Air Conditioning
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast Fail Back at the 7-Eleven. Still no decent coffee. I managed to find a sandwich. It was… edible. Progress!
- 10:00 AM - Intramuros Exploration. Finally venturing out! Took a Grab - the ride was crazy! The walled city is gorgeous. Walking around felt like stepping back in time. The cobblestone streets, the old churches, the horse-drawn carriages… until you get hit with the smell of horse poop. Charming, right?
- 12:00 PM - Lunch in Intramuros. The best thing that happened all day. I found a tiny, hidden restaurant with amazing adobo. Rich, savory, and utterly delicious. The air conditioning was a true godsend because I was melting by this point.
- 1:30 PM - More Intramuros and a Spiritual Crisis. Seriously, this heat is brutal! I explored a church and just… sat. A deep sigh. I got lost in my thoughts - This place has history, and it's got an emotional weight to it.
- 3:00 PM - The Museum… and Regret. Attempted to visit a museum. The display was interesting, but I was way too hot and tired to really take it in. Back to the condo for an hour.
- 4:00 PM - The Great Laundry Quest. The condo has a washing machine, thank goodness! I’m beginning to think I should have brought more clothes.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Dilemma. Contemplating whether to brave the food court again or attempt cooking. The allure of instant noodles is strong.
- 7:00 PM - Internet woes. Take 2! Still struggling to connect, so I decided to finally take a shower. At least there is hot water.
- 8:00 PM - Nightcap and Journaling. Sipping some water, looking over the city, and writing down the day's events. Manila… you're both amazing and exhausting.
Day 3: Food Adventures and the Search for a Decent Coffee
- 9:00 AM - Coffee Quest: Part Deux. Determined to find a decent coffee. Success! A new, local shop nearby. My tastebuds are eternally grateful.
- 10:00 AM - Market Madness. Headed to a local market. The sights, sounds, and smells are overwhelming! Fish, spices, fruits I've never seen before… it's a sensory explosion. I bought some mangoes.
- 12:00 PM - THE STREET FOOD. Today, I did it. I ate street food. Chicken barbecue from a stand, and fishballs. The taste! The texture! The possible impending food poisoning! All worth it… I think?
- 1:00 PM - The aftermath. So far, I'm good. Praying to the porcelain gods for continued good health.
- 2:00 PM - Siesta… Again. The heat… it's relentless. Another nap. This time, a very deep one.
- 4:00 PM - Shopping! Got some souvenirs.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Prep. Making noodles… which I am going to eat with the mangoes I bought.
- 7:00 PM - TV Time and a Final Moment of Doubt. Watching some really bad television, wondering if I should just book a flight home. Then I glance out the window. The city sparkles. Maybe one or two more days…
- 8:00 PM - Journaling & Planning. Looking ahead to my next days.
Remember:
- Embrace the Chaos: Manila is not for the faint of heart. Just go with the flow.
- Stay Hydrated: Seriously. Drink water. All the time.
- Learn a Few Basic Phrases: "Salamat" (thank you), "Magkano?" (how much?), "Hindi po ako nakakaintindi" (I don't understand).
- Be Prepared to Sweat: Accept it.
- Don't Be Afraid to Get Lost: It's part of the adventure!
- Most Importantly: Have Fun!
This itinerary is just a guide. Your Manila adventure will be unique, messy, and unforgettable. Good luck, and welcome to the madness!
Islamabad's BEST Kept Secret? This Roomy Hotel Will SHOCK You!
Let's Talk Truth: Your Burning Questions (and My Crazy Opinions) on That 23sqm Sun Residences "Steal"
Okay, is this 23sqm "steal" *really* a steal? My bank account's screaming...
Ugh, "steal." That word… It depends! Let's be real. Is it a mansion? Absolutely not. You're basically getting a luxurious shoebox. But, and it's a BIG but, considering the soaring rent prices in Manila and the insane cost of even *looking* at a decent apartment… Yeah, maybe. Especially if you're single, a student, or have a serious aversion to paying rent that’s higher than your monthly Spotify bill.
I will say, during one of the open houses I attended, the agent, bless her heart, kept trying to convince everyone it could "comfortably fit a family of four." I literally choked on my free *pancit canton*. Comfortably? Honey, if you can comfortably breathe in a space that small, you’re already a superhuman. My tip: Focus on the location (and maybe the pool, if that's your jam). It's Manila, you’ll be out of that apartment more than in it anyway. But yeah, "steal," depends. Manage your expectations. And bring a measuring tape. Seriously.
What's the *real* vibe? Is it like, a college dorm?
Okay, so picture this: You're in a bustling, sometimes chaotic, often noisy city. That's your base. Sun Residences, specifically, is a… well, it’s a *condo*. It’s not *THE* Ritz, but it’s also not the cockroach motel. It’s clean-ish, which is a win in Manila. The lobby is usually packed with people – students, young professionals, the occasional *lolo* with a cane. Gets you moving faster, as they say.
Think of it as a slightly more stylish (and hopefully less… *aromatic*) college dorm, with a killer view (if you get the right unit). My friend, Sarah, moved in and the first week she called me, sobbing. Not because of the space, but because the neighbor's karaoke was directly aimed through her window. She survived though. Turns out, some of the best stories start with a little chaos.
Can I actually, like, *live* in 23 square meters? With stuff?
Yes, you can *technically* live there. But… minimalism is your newfound religion. Forget the walk-in closet. You *are* the walk-in closet. Seriously.
I saw one unit (the *model* unit, of course, which is always a lie) and the bed was *literally* against the wall. Like, no room for a nightstand. I’d be claustrophobic within five minutes. But, people do it. They buy those clever storage solutions, the fold-up tables, the Murphy beds. It's a Tetris game, but with your LIFE. If you’re a hoarder, run. Run far, far away. If you thrive on organized chaos and a good IKEA hack, you might actually… love it? Maybe.
My advice: Before you commit, *really* envision your life there. Can you function in a space where you can reach from your bed to the kitchen? Can you handle feeling like you’re constantly in a crowded elevator (even if you *are* alone)? If the answer is yes, then proceed. If the answer is a hesitant "maybe…," probably think again.
What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Is it worth the hassle?
Ah, the amenities. The siren song of condo living! Sun Residences – depending on the tower – often has a pool, a gym, maybe a small function room. The pool is usually packed on weekends, so good luck finding a spot. The gym? Let's just say it leans toward the "community" aspect – expect to share equipment. The functions room is great for parties, I’ve heard. But, remember that the amenities are a shared space, shared meaning you’ll have to deal with the masses;.
I once spent an entire afternoon trying to swim; there were far too many screaming children and selfie-takers! It’s not a private beach or a spa retreat, understand that. It's for the convenience factor and the chance to *think* you're living a luxurious life. Take it with a grain of salt. Is the pool worth it? If you're a pool person, maybe. If you just want peace and quiet, probably not.
The location – is it really as convenient as they say?
Location, location, location! That's the big selling point. Sun Residences is usually in a pretty central spot; close to universities, transportation, and, of course, a mountain of fast-food joints. The convenience is hard to deny. You can roll out of bed and be at school or work fairly quickly, especially if you're a student.
However, traffic in Manila is the eighth circle of Hell. So factor that in! “Convenient” often translates to “within a kilometer of a jeepney terminal, which is also beside a mall and a five-minute walk to the nearest *karinderia*”. It’s a trade-off. Great for quick commutes, bad for your sanity when trying to get anywhere further. But hey, you’re in the city, right? Embrace the chaos, or you’ll lose it and rent will get higher and higher..
What's the catch? Because there’s ALWAYS a catch.
Oh, there are catches, my friend. The biggest? SPACE. You will be bumping into things. All. The. Time. The walls will seem to close in on you. You’ll need to be incredibly organized to avoid a constant feeling of clutter.
Then there’s the potential for noise from your neighbors. The walls are thin; I once heard an entire telenovela episode through a wall (and I don't even *watch* those!). So, consider that before purchasing the place. Also, the monthly dues can sneak up on you. They’re not always cheap, and they add up! It’s not just the initial purchase price; it’s everything else. Do your homework! Don’t get swept away by the model unit’s perfectly arranged minimalist furniture. Think long-term. Can you actually LIVE there, happily, for more than a month or two? That's the real question.
Okay, final verdict: Would *you* buy it?
Honestly? It depends on my situation. If I were a student, a single professional, or someone who justThe Stay Journey

