
Escape to Paradise: Colonia's Most Luxurious Riverside Retreat
Escape to Paradise: Colonia's Riverside Retreat - A Review Straight from the Soul (and My Stomach)
Okay, buckle up, because I just got back from "Escape to Paradise: Colonia's Most Luxurious Riverside Retreat," and let me tell you, my brain is still buzzing! Forget those slick, polished travel brochures; this is the REAL deal, the messy, glorious truth. And after a week of pure relaxation (and a few questionable decisions involving late-night cheese), I’m here to spill the tea.
First Impressions: Arrival and Accessibility - A Mixed Bag with a Silver Lining
Getting there was… an adventure. Let's just say my GPS had a moment. Finding the place itself felt like a treasure hunt. (Pro-tip: ask for detailed directions BEFORE you leave; trust me, I learned the hard way). But here's where things got interesting.
Accessibility, which, if you're like me (slightly clumsy and partial to comfy shoes), is HUGE is a bit of a rollercoaster. While I didn't personally need full wheelchair accessibility, I did notice there were elevators, which is amazing! The website boasts "Facilities for disabled guests," but I'd recommend calling ahead to double-check specifics, as I didn't see everything mentioned.
The Big Kahuna: My Private Oasis (aka the Room)
Let’s dive right into the stuff that mattered: Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (yes, please!), Bathroom phone (I never used it… but good to know it's there!), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (godsend!), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar (RIP my bank account!), Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature (smoke detectors, etc.), Satellite/cable channels, Scale (eek!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
My room? Oh. My. Goodness. It was a high floor with a sprawling view of the river. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver (I’m a chronic sleeper-inner), and the bathrobes… well, let's just say they quickly became my uniform. There was an entire seating area with a sofa perfect for sinking into with a good book and a large desk for pretending to work (I did, briefly) . Every morning I was able to drink coffee from my Coffee/tea maker While the internet access – wireless was a breeze, I never tested the Internet access – LAN. The mini bar was my nemesis!
Cleanliness and Safety - They’re Taking it Seriously (Thank Goodness!)
Alright, pandemic times. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this was a HUGE win. Anti-viral cleaning products and daily disinfection in common areas made me breathe a sigh of relief. They had hand sanitizer everywhere. They had Room sanitization opt-out available But really, I let them in after every day of sunshine and fun. The staff was clearly trained on safety protocol and were wearing appropriate PPE. Every so often I would see them using Professional-grade sanitizing services. They even had sterilizing equipment. The best part: Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - A Gastronomic Adventure (Mostly)
This is where, my friends, Escape to Paradise truly SHINES. The food? OMG.
Restaurants: There were several! A la carte in restaurant for more formal dinners, and a Buffet in restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Their Asian cuisine in restaurant was a standout. I am not too fond of Alternative meal arrangement at the hotel, I just enjoy what everyone else is enjoying! I ate a lot of desserts in restaurant! You can get coffee at the Coffee/tea in restaurant. And I was able to grab a Soup in restaurant. And of course, some Salad in restaurant.
Poolside bar: was where I spent most of my afternoon. Bottle of water was constantly being refilled! They even had a Snack bar. Oh, did I forget to mention the Poolside bar? The drinks were… potent. The Happy hour was absolutely dangerous. The Asian breakfast was a definite hit, and the Western breakfast was delicious! You could eat the breakfast at the buffet, or you could have Breakfast in room and even get Breakfast takeaway service, which I really liked to do on the days I was too lazy to get dressed!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: My Spa Day Redemption
This is where I confess: I initially underestimated the spa. But let me tell you, it's an absolute must-do. The spa is named: "The Riverside Oasis Spa".
So, I'm not sure what's up with the Foot bath but it was amazing before I did the Body scrub and the Body wrap. I decided to get myself a Massage, I got some time in the Sauna and Steamroom. They had a Spa/sauna! My skin? Silky smooth, the spa did this for me: Spa and Fitness center. The whole experience was incredible.
The Pool with a View: My Happy Place
The Swimming pool [outdoor] was amazing. It was the perfect place to enjoy the Poolside bar .
Services and Conveniences - Not Perfect, But Trying
Ok, the service was a mixed bag. The Concierge was helpful. Check-in/out [express] was available, but I preferred the more personalized treatment.
Cashing Out and Paying
I don't carry cash. So, of course you can use Cashless payment service!
For the Kids - A Family-Friendly Haven (Possibly)
I didn't travel with kids, but I saw a Babysitting service listed. They had promised Family/child friendly environment with Kids facilities and Kids meal options.
The Nitty Gritty: Accessibility Again
- Elevator. Check.
- Facilities for disabled guests. I would HIGHLY recommend calling ahead and asking specifics.
The Verdict: Book It (But Be Prepared)
Escape to Paradise is not perfect. But the location? The food? The spa? The overall vibe of riverside bliss? Absolutely worth it.
Here's my advice:
- Book it! Seriously. Especially if you need a serious dose of R&R.
- Call ahead to clarify accessibility.
- Embrace the imperfections. That's half the fun!
- Splurge on the spa! You deserve it.
- Pack comfy shoes (and maybe a swimsuit!)
Why to Book Now: Your Personalized Paradise Awaits!
Ready for a getaway that actually gets you? Escape to Paradise isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. And right now, we're offering a special discount for our first time guests!
Here’s what you get:
- A Luxurious Riverside Room (with a view that will take your breath away!)
- A Complimentary Spa treatment (because you deserve to be pampered)
- A voucher for the first night dinner at the buffet.
- All the relaxation, adventure, and delicious food you can handle!
Click here to start your Escape to Paradise adventure now!
(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Escape to Paradise; I just really, really liked it. And the food. Did I mention the food?)
York's Ruskin Suite: Unbelievable Quadrant Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this itinerary for Costa Colonia - Riverside Boutique Hotel in Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay is gonna be LESS "smooth sailing" and MORE "slightly tipsy, wonderfully chaotic adventure." Prepare for the real deal…
Costa Colonia: A Whirlwind of Water Views and Questionable Decisions (and Hopefully, Bliss)
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and Attempting to Look Chic Despite the Flight
Morning (Let's be honest, more like MID-DAY): Arrive at Montevideo Airport (MVD). Okay, first impression? Uruguay is gorgeous from the air. Seriously, someone get me a drone. The immigration line? Forever long. Did the flight attendant spill coffee on my new white shirt? Yep. Currently rocking a stain that looks suspiciously like a map of South America right on my chest. Lovely.
Mid-Afternoon (Lunch & Learning Curve): Taxi to Costa Colonia (approx. 2 hours). The drive? Buoyant! The landscape? So green. We arrive and, wow, the hotel is stunning. Instagram-perfect. My inner control freak is giddy. The check-in process? Surprisingly smooth (score!). The room? Overlooks the river, just like the pictures claimed. Cue emotional overload.
- Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant: Order a chivito. This is a sandwich which is basically a mountain of delicious meat and delicious ingredients. I'm a sucker for a good sandwich. The waiter, bless his heart, understands my embarrassingly bad Spanish and smiles encouragingly. Maybe I’m not as bad as I think.
Early Evening (Exploration & Slightly Panicked Perfectionism): Wandering around the hotel grounds. Everything is perfectly manicured - and I start itching to mess it up with a well-placed book. I swear, I'm going to start writing a novel just so I can leave it on a bench somewhere.
Evening (Sunset Serendipity & Wine): Find a spot by the river. The sunset? Jaw-dropping. Absolutely breathtaking. Someone call the art critics! Wine is poured. The world feels just a little bit more magical. I think, this is the life.
Day 2: Colonia del Sacramento – History, Hiccups, And a Whole Lot of Cobblestones
- Morning (The Old Town Shuffle): Breakfast at the hotel… then the real adventure begins! We head to the Barrio Histórico (Historic Quarter). Cobblestone streets, colorful houses… picture postcard stuff. Except? I’m wearing the wrong shoes. Flat, comfortable shoes seem like a distant dream right now. This is exactly the moment where my shoe choices betrayed all good sense and planning. My ankles may never forgive me.
- Mid-Morning (Historical Overload & Espresso): We wander, we gawk, we snap photos. The Faro de Colonia (lighthouse)? Worth the climb, even if you have to catch your breath at the top. The views are incredible, and the salt air is pure bliss. But I'm definitely going to need an espresso… or maybe a dulce de leche latte. Which brings me to this: Uruguayans and dulce de leche are a love story for the ages.
- Late Morning (Wandering and Wondering): We're wandering through the streets, and the small details get me: flowers blooming in the windowsills, the way the sunlight hits the old stone walls, the locals chatting. I'm trying to take it all in… but I'm also distracted by the fact that I'm clearly the only tourist not wearing a sensible hat and carrying a map.
- Lunch (The "Lost in Translation" Feast): Lunch at a tiny, traditional restaurant. My Spanish is atrocious, so I point at things on the menu and hope for the best. Somehow, we end up with a plate of grilled fish that is almost definitely the best fish I have ever tasted.
- Afternoon (The "Oops, I Did It Again" Antique Shop): I’m a sucker for a good antique shop. Find a random shop selling beautiful stuff, and try to haggle. Fail miserably. Still buy a ridiculously overpriced trinket. No regrets.
- Late Afternoon (The River's Whisper & a Moment of Zen): Back to the Hotel. Find a hammock. Stare at the river. Do absolutely nothing. My soul needed that.
- Evening (Dinner & Deep Thoughts): Dinner at the hotel's restaurant again (a little too convenient, but hey). Contemplate the universe and the deliciousness of Uruguayan beef. Consider getting a tattoo that says "Dulce de Leche Forever." (Maybe after another glass of wine…)
Day 3: Relaxation, River Views, and the Bitter Sweet Goodbye
- Morning (Lazy Mornings are the Best): Sleep in! Then, breakfast on our balcony, watching the sunrise over the river. This is what vacation is all about.
- Mid-Morning (Spa Time!): A massage at the hotel spa. Pure bliss. I feel like a limp noodle after.
- Lunch (Packing Up the Memories): Packing. I. Hate. Packing. But also, I bought way too many souvenirs. Figure out how to fit everything into my suitcase.
- Afternoon (One Last Stroll & The River's Reflection): Final walk through the hotel gardens. One last look at the river. Feeling sad to leave, but also grateful for the experience.
- Late Afternoon (Departure): Taxi to the airport in Montevideo.
Final Thoughts (aka, the Messy Emotional Wrap-Up)
Uruguay, and Costa Colonia, were… incredible. The beauty of the place, the people, the food, it all just washes over you. There were moments of perfect, zen-like peace, and moments where I was convinced I was completely out of my depth. But that’s the beauty of travel, isn’t it? Embracing the chaos, laughing at the mistakes, and finding joy in the unexpected. I’ll definitely be back. But next time, I’m bringing better shoes, more Spanish lessons, and a whole lot more dulce de leche in my suitcase.
P.S.: If you see an abandoned paperback novel with a ridiculously sentimental inscription on a park bench in Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay, that’s probably mine. Don't judge. And seriously, try the chivito. You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: Tangoinn Club Hotel's Argentinian Adventure Awaits!
Okay, so... Escape to Paradise. Sounds... expensive. Seriously, realistically, how much are we talking? And is it *worth* it?
The website photos are *stunning*. But come on, is it really *that* good in person? Is there a hidden layer of disappointment?
What's the vibe? Is it all couples being sickeningly in love? I'm going solo, and I'd hate to feel like a third wheel (or a fifth, or a tenth...).
The food. Tell me about the food! Because bad food can ruin a whole trip. (And I'm a foodie!)
What's there to *do*? I'm not one for just lying by a pool all day. (Although, I do enjoy a good nap…)
Are there any downsides? Because nothing is perfect. Be honest!

