Escape to Paradise: La Potra's Colombian Countryside Villa!

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

Escape to Paradise: La Potra's Colombian Countryside Villa!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the gloriously messy world of Escape to Paradise: La Potra's Colombian Countryside Villa! And let me tell you, this isn’t your average hotel review. This is a soul-searching, Wi-Fi-searching, body-scrub-craving adventure, all rolled into one!

Forget the perfect, polished brochures. We're going REAL.

The Big Picture: Is This Place For You? (Or, You Might Actually Hate It… and That's Okay!)

First things first: this isn't the Ritz. This is La Potra. It’s in the Colombian countryside, which instantly screams “adventure” and whispers “rustic charm.” You might find a few bugs. You might lose your phone signal for a few blissful hours. You might discover you're suddenly fluent in "siestas." If that sounds terrifying, skip this review. If that sounds… intriguing? Keep reading.

Accessibility: The Nitty-Gritty (and, Let's Be Honest, a Little Awkward)

Okay, let's wade into the often-forgotten waters of accessibility. Now, La Potra does have "Facilities for disabled guests." I'm not fully clear what that entails. They have an elevator, which is a win! But, like, is there a ramp to the pool? Are the bathrooms wheelchair-friendly? This is where a bit more detail would be helpful. Call and ask if you have specific requirements. That's my brutally honest take on it, and that's the most important thing – honesty!

On-Site Grub & Guffaws: Dining, Drinking, and… Well, Eating

  • Restaurants, Restaurants, Everywhere! La Potra boasts restaurants. And I think there are actual restaurants, not just a sad buffet. The options are temptingly diverse: International Cuisine (always a safe bet), a tantalizing Vegetarian Restaurant (hallelujah!), and even Asian Cuisine (curiouser and curiouser!).
  • Breakfast, You Glorious Morning Munch! Now, the breakfast situation sounds genuinely lovely: Breakfast [Buffet] (I'm a sucker for a good buffet), Breakfast in Room, and Breakfast Service. And if you want to stuff your face at a distance, there's Breakfast Takeaway Service.
  • The Buzz: There's a Bar (essential!), a Poolside Bar (double essential!), and a Coffee/Tea in restaurant (triple essential!). They also have a Happy Hour. (Very important, people, very important.)

My Personal Dining Disaster (and Why I Still Loved it!)

Okay, story time. I, being the impulsive food-lover I am, completely overshot the A la carte in restaurant thing. I ordered, like, EVERYTHING on the menu that sounded even remotely appealing. And then I accidentally got the server’s attention and insisted he bring me everything at once. The result? A table heaving with food, a rapidly emptying wine bottle, and a slightly mortified yet incredibly delicious food coma for yours truly. The point: the food is GREAT. And the staff are patient, even when you're clearly being a total tourist.

Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and Serene Sanity

  • Spa Dreams: Spa, Spa/Sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Foot Bath - I'm getting sleepy just typing this. Basically, if you want pampering, La Potra delivers.
  • Poolside Bliss: Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view - Imagine yourself, sun-drenched, cocktail in hand, gazing out at the Colombian countryside. Heavenly, right?
  • Fitness Fanatic? Fitness center, Gym/fitness - If you are a masochist who enjoys fitness, they got you covered.

My Spa Day: A Quest for Zen (and Maybe a Little Pain)

The body scrub was a revelation. It was like a mud bath, but fancier. Maybe a little too… enthusiastic? My skin glowed afterward. The sauna was… hot. (Duh.) But the overall experience? Pure, unadulterated bliss. It was the kind of experience that makes you forget your worries and maybe even the name of your boss. This is actually the kind of "escape" everyone needs.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Post-COVID Reality Check

  • Anti-Viral Warrior: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services. They are on the ball with cleanliness.
  • All The Sanitizing: Hand sanitizer, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Seems like they're taking hygiene seriously.
  • Distance, Please: Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup. Social distancing is the name of the game.
  • Food Safety: Individually-wrapped food options. I hope it's the good stuff!
  • Safety Stuff: First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call. You know, for when you've overindulged at the buffet…

Connectivity: Wi-Fi Woes & Wins

  • Wi-Fi Everywhere! The biggest selling point is Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and also Internet. It's important!
  • LAN Love: Internet Access – LAN. (For the old-school folks!)
  • Public Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi in public areas.

My Wi-Fi Adventure: The Quest for a Signal (The Real Reason I Went!)

I, like many of you, am a slave to the internet. I need to feel connected – whether to work, or just to post a selfie. The free Wi-Fi was a godsend! And the fact that it actually worked pretty reliably? A small miracle.

Things To Do: Beyond the Beach

  • Active Adventures: While not specifically listed, I'm betting there are some options. The countryside practically begs for hiking, exploring, and generally getting lost in nature.
  • On-site Events: Meetings, Seminars, On-site event hosting.
  • Chill Out: Terrace.
  • For The Love Of God, Relax: Proposal spot, Shrine.

Rooms: Comfort & Chaos

  • The Basics: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Blackout curtains, Closet, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Smoke detector, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free].
  • Extras: Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Carpeting, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, High floor, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, On-demand movies, Reading light, Scale, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Window that opens. If I'm reading this right, the extra long bed is a must.

The Truth About the Rooms: A Few Quirks (And What I Really Thought)

The decor is classic, maybe a touch… traditional? It's not minimalist chic. It's more "cozy Colombian grandmother's house." The bed was comfy, the air conditioning worked, and I appreciated having a coffee/tea maker. But, if I’m honest, the lack of a USB charging port near the bed was a minor tragedy. I blame the internet.

Service & Amenities: The Fine Print

  • Convenience Central: Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Taxi service, Valet parking, Car park [free of charge].
  • Business Boasts: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Invoice provided, Meetings/banquet facilities, On-site event hosting, Projector/LED display, Xerox/fax in business center.

For the Kiddos: A Happy Ending?

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Worth checking for details.

Getting Around: No Stress

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, *
Oman Getaway: Luxury at OYO 139 Al Ghadeer!

Book Now

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to La Potra Casa Campestre near Villavicencio, Colombia, and honestly, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm already buzzing with a mix of excitement and sheer terror. Let's see if I can even remember what happened. This is more like a drunken journal entry, but with potential travel-related insights. Wish me luck… and maybe a strong Colombian coffee.

La Potra: A Messy Adventure (AKA My Attempt to Survive Villavicencio)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Equine Conspiracy (aka, "Things Are Already Going Sideways")

  • Morning (or what I think was morning): Landed in Villavicencio amidst a downpour that made me question my life choices. Seriously, is this rain or a biblical flood? The airport was…well, let's just say "rustic" is a generous word. My Spanish is terrible, but at least I managed to haggle the taxi driver down a few pesos. I swear, he was trying to convince me the price of a goat was worth the ride.

  • Lunch (or the "I'll-Eat-Anything-to-Survive" phase): Found some street food. It was delicious, I think. Kind of tasted like… well, I'm not sure what it tasted like, but my stomach hasn’t rebelled yet, so that's a win. The locals are either incredibly friendly or secretly judging my awkward attempts to order. Probably both.

  • Afternoon: The Hacienda, AKA "Where's the Wifi?!": Arrived at La Potra Casa Campestre. The place is GORGEOUS. Seriously, like something out of a movie. Rolling hills, lush greenery, the whole shebang. Except… the wifi is a cruel joke. I’m pretty sure it’s powered by hamsters on tiny treadmills. My productivity levels have plummeted to zero, and the only thing keeping me sane are the views.

  • Evening: Equine Encounters…and Maybe a Little Bit Too Much Aguardiente: I signed up for horseback riding. Apparently, I also signed up for a crash course in saddle sores. Let me tell you, my butt is currently plotting a revolt. And then there was… well, the horses. Beautiful, majestic beasts. But also, let's be honest, a bit judgey. They seem to know I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I fell off, and then, because I'm a glutton for humiliation, I got back on. After a large helping of Aguardiente the local firewater. I think I made a horse friend. Or at least, a horse who tolerated my clumsy presence.

Day 2: The Search for Coffee (and My Sanity)

  • Morning (aka the "Did-I-Dream-That-Aguardiente-Incident" moment): Woke up with a headache that could kill a rhino. The saddle sores are intensifying. Coffee. I NEED COFFEE. Turns out, the local coffee is divine. It's like liquid sunshine. Found a little stall and downed about three cups. Suddenly, the world looks a little brighter. I'm almost human.

  • Mid-morning: Hiking (Attempted): Decided to hike. Big mistake. The humidity is brutal. I'm pretty sure I sweat off a pound just going to the front gate. The views were again incredible, but my lungs are screaming. Gave up after about an hour. Found a hammock. Hammock life is the only life.

  • Afternoon: The Pool (and the Questionable Decisions That Ensued): The pool at La Potra is beautiful. I spent the afternoon lounging, reading, and trying to pretend I'm not badly sunburned. Then, the inevitable happened: I met a group of locals who insisted I try their ceviche. Now, I'm a ceviche enthusiast, but this particular batch… well, let's just say it contained a substance I wouldn't eat if it were the last thing on earth. I ate it, though! It was delicious, and I ended up in the pool. My head is spinning

  • Evening: Starry Night (and My Existential Crisis): The stars tonight were insane. Like, a million diamonds scattered across a black velvet cloth. It made me feel incredibly small, but also strangely peaceful. Sat by the bonfire, and just… existed. Maybe my terrible Spanish is actually a blessing.

Day 3: Farewell, or "I Think I'll Stay Forever"

  • Morning: Trying to Say Goodbye to the Horses (and My New Friends): I said goodbye to the horses. They seem relieved. I made real friends. People, not horses. It's so much harder to leave them.
  • Mid-Morning: One Last Coffee: Just one more coffee.
  • Afternoon: Farewell to the land: I'm not sure when I'll get back, but I have to go

Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions:

  • The Heat: It's relentless and makes you question your life choices.
  • The People: They're warm, welcoming, and patient with my atrocious Spanish.
  • The Food: Delicious and sometimes a mystery. Worth the risk
  • My Emotional State: A rollercoaster that goes from "I love life!" to "I need a nap."

Messy Bits & Rambles:

  • I forgot sunscreen. I am a crispy lobster.
  • I have no idea what I'm doing. But it's okay.
  • I feel like I'm living in a dream. A beautiful, slightly chaotic dream.
  • I miss home, but I don’t want to leave. It's a mess of feelings.

Overall Impression:

La Potra is a place of beauty, adventure, and the occasional existential crisis. It’s messy, it’s imperfect, and it’s absolutely glorious. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm cut out for this whole "travel blogging" thing, but if you're looking for an experience that's real, raw, and utterly unforgettable, go to La Potra Casa Campestre. Just pack sunscreen, learn some basic Spanish, and prepare to embrace the chaos. You won't regret it. (Maybe.)

Escape to Paradise: Nivrutti Villa, Matheran's Hidden Gem

Book Now

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

Escape to Paradise: La Potra's Colombian Countryside Villa - Your Messy, Honest Q&A

Okay, spill it. Is "Paradise" just marketing fluff? Seriously, is La Potra *actually* nice?

Alright, alright, honest moment. "Paradise" is a loaded word, isn't it? I mean, I went expecting...well, *perfection*. And let's just say La Potra isn't the perfectly manicured resort you see on Instagram. Thank god! Thank GOD for that! La Potra is real, and real, my friends, is messy and beautiful. Picture this: you're driving up, and there's this pothole. A *monster* pothole. My rental car gave a little whimper. But then BAM! you burst through the trees, and the whole place just opens up. Emerald green hills, the air smells of coffee (obviously, it's Colombia!), and that villa...it’s a total *vibe*. So, maybe not pristine, but definitely breathtaking. And the imperfections? They just add to the charm. Like, the hot water *sometimes* decides to take a siesta. But hey, an ice-cold shower after a hike is exhilarating, right? (I secretly loved it, it woke me up more than coffee… mostly.)

What's the deal with the food? I’m a picky eater. Don't judge me!

Dude, no judgment! I’m a food critic, inside my mind and my belly knows no boundaries. And the food at La Potra… well, let’s just say I gained a few kilos, and it was worth every single one. Okay, so they have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is mostly staples: scrambled eggs, arepas (SO GOOD! Be warned, they're addictive!), fresh fruit. The lunch is a more elaborate affair, that brings the culinary experience to the next level, where you can enjoy the dishes in peace. Dinner is an adventure. One night, this HUGE platter of grilled meats appeared, and I swear, I thought I died and went to heaven. Another night, the cook, a sweet lady named Maria, made this bandeja paisa that practically made me weep with joy. Okay, maybe I’m being dramatic, but it was REALLY good. And even *I*, the picky eater, found something new to love every day. If you hate everything, just tell them! They’ll adjust. They're incredibly accommodating. And if all else fails, there's always coffee. Lots and LOTS of coffee.

I’m terrified of bugs. Like, seriously. Should I even bother?

Bugs? Oh, the bugs. Yeah, okay, there are bugs. It's the countryside, not a sterile lab. BUT, and this is a big BUT, the villa is surprisingly well-maintained. The rooms aren’t overrun. The mosquito situation is, thankfully, manageable. They provide mosquito nets (USE THEM, you silly goose!). Bring bug spray, the good stuff. Seriously, DEET is your friend. Mostly, you’ll see some butterflies (gorgeous!), the occasional beetle, maybe a curious ant or two. I saw a spider the size of my thumb, and I swear, it was just as scared of me as I was of it. I shrieked, but it was more of a startled yelp than a full-blown panic attack. You'll survive. You'll be more focused on the beautiful hummingbirds, than the bugs.

What’s there to *do* there? I get bored easily.

Okay, so this is where La Potra really shines. It’s not a place to be glued to your phone, unless you want to. It’s a place to *live*. Think hiking (stunning trails! The views will blow you away!), horseback riding (I, surprisingly, survived!), coffee farm tours (essential!), and simply chilling by the pool with a book. And, oh my god, the *silence*. Like, real, actual silence, broken only by birdsong and the occasional moo of a cow. Bliss. One day, I just sat on the porch, staring at the mountains for hours. The mountains. I felt this incredible sense of peace, a sense of being...present. It was weird, but awesome. You can also explore nearby towns, and I recommend it. There are markets, and the townsfolk are lovely. Bring some cash, there's no ATM. Get ready to disconnect, and reconnect with yourself (and maybe a few cows).

How's the Wi-Fi? Because, you know, work…

Look, the Wi-Fi is functional. But don't expect blazing-fast speeds. It’s a rural area. It goes up and down. You’ll get email. You'll probably be able to browse. But video calls? Maybe not. Consider it a digital detox. It's what I did. I ended up using the internet for a single thing, in the entire 7 days I stayed there: to call my mom and tell her how much I loved her. And trust me, it was the best call I'd had in years. Embrace the forced unplugging. It's the best part. Your boss *will* survive without you for a week.

What about transportation? Do I need to rent a car?

Yes. No. Maybe. It depends. Renting a car gives you freedom. You can explore, go to towns, etc. The roads are…well, let's call them "adventurous". If you're a confident driver who enjoys a good roller coaster, go for it. Otherwise, you can arrange for transport with La Potra. They can organize taxis or drivers to take you places. I opted for a driver. It was worth every penny. I could relax, enjoy the scenery, and not have a heart attack navigating the winding mountain roads. It also meant I could sample *more* coffee (and maybe a little aguardiente) without worry. So, if you're like me and value your sanity (and your peace of mind), let them sort you out. Worth it.

Is it kid-friendly? I’m bringing the whole crew!

Yes and no! La Potra is a fantastic place for kids, especially if they love being outdoors. There's space to run around, a pool to splash in (but always supervise!). The animals that roam freely are probably the biggest hit. The horses, the cows that graze, the chickens that wander the grounds. Lots of space for kids. However, be prepared to supervise. There are no lifeguards. There is the occasional steep drop-off. And while the staff is helpful, they aren't babysitters. If you have exceptionally energetic toddlers, consider if you need extra help. But, generally, families are welcome. The place has a lovely, laid-back vibe. So, it depends on your crew. If they’re happy exploring, they'll have a blast.

What's the best time to go? Weather-wise?

Colombia has a pretty nice climate. The weather generally is nice all year, but there are varying timesDigital Nomad Hotels

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia

La Potra Casa Campestre Villavicencio Colombia