
Escape to Paradise: Mina Clavero's Stunning Costa Serrana Apart Hotel
Escape to Paradise (Maybe): A Brutally Honest Review of Costa Serrana Apart Hotel, Mina Clavero
Alright, folks, buckle up. Because I just got back from Costa Serrana Apart Hotel in Mina Clavero, Argentina, and I've got thoughts. Strong thoughts. This place bills itself as an "Escape to Paradise," and well… let's just say paradise has a few cracked tiles and a slightly rusty gate. But you know what? That's okay. Actually, it’s more than okay. It adds character.
Let's Get Down to Brass Tacks (and Wi-Fi): You’re probably here because you’re researching, right? You want the real deal. So here we go.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag. The website boasts "Facilities for disabled guests," and that’s… vague. There's an elevator, which is a massive plus in a multi-story building, and that's essential (Thank God!). But I’m not expert in accessibility.
Cleanliness & Safety: They're Trying! And honestly, that’s what matters. Costa Serrana really seems to be taking hygiene seriously. I saw staff constantly wiping down surfaces, and the "Daily disinfection in common areas" seemed legit. They’ve got "Anti-viral cleaning products," which sounds fancy. The "Hand sanitizer" was plentiful, I think, but the bottle by the pool ran dry at one point. Still, points for effort! "Room sanitization opt-out available," is another nice touch. The fact they have Hot water linen and laundry washing is just great. The presence of First aid kit is important!
Seriously, this place is a fortress against germs. They’ve got “Sterilizing equipment” and lots of “Staff trained in safety protocol.” That's reassuring, especially with what's been going on worldwide lately. I even saw a sign that said “Hygiene certification” which felt a bit overkill, but I’m all for extra safety measures.
Rooms that Almost Sing: Okay, the rooms. They're not perfect, but they’re pretty darn good. I had the "Room with a View" and it was worth every penny. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in (and fighting off jet lag… let's just say my sleep schedule could use a therapist). Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double-check (and it actually worked! A miracle, I tell you). The extra-long bed was amazing! A Refrigerator is always a win, and a Mini bar filled with local goodies is a plus. Alarm clock, desk and even a laptop workspace – they seem to have thought of everything for a comfortable stay. My specific room included Bathtub, Shower, which is luxurious to me. My specific room included Hair dryer and Bathrobes as well. I also find having Mirror and extra towels is a luxury.
The Food: From Asian Adventures to Breakfast Bonanzas
Alright, so the food. The "Breakfast [buffet]" was a highlight. I'm not usually a buffet person (it's hard to judge the freshness of things, right?), but this one was actually pretty good. Fresh fruit, pastries, and the best scrambled eggs I'd had in ages (Western breakfast). They also serve an "Asian breakfast" which I did not try. "Asian cuisine in restaurant" as well. "A la carte in restaurant", "Coffee/tea in restaurant", "Desserts in restaurant", "Salad in restaurant", and "Soup in restaurant".
The Spa & Leisure: A Mixed Bag of Bliss and Blunders
Okay, here's where things get a little… interesting. Costa Serrana has a great intentioned Spa! I definitely took advantage of the "swimming pool [outdoor]", and the "Pool with view" is just… breathtaking. I mean, you can look at the mountains while you swim? Yes, please!. the "Fitness center" is a nice touch, but it’s small. The "Sauna", “Spa/sauna", and “Steamroom” are all great ways to relax, I think. I'm not that big on massages, or body scrubs or body wraps.
Things to Do (Beyond the Pool):
Honestly? Mina Clavero is pretty laid-back. You're there to escape, remember? So, I don’t know about the "Family/child friendly" thing. Costa Serrana has “Babysitting service”, “Kids meal,” and “Kids facilities.” Personally, I want to relax and not be woken up by kids, but I also don’t dislike them. There is a "Shrine".
Services & Conveniences: The Nitty Gritty.
They have, "Air conditioning in public area.". "Cash withdrawal", "Concierge", "Daily housekeeping", and "Elevator". And “Luggage storage”, “Laundry service” and “Dry cleaning”… all great. All of that is important, but I also like the little things: “Front desk [24-hour]” and “Safety deposit boxes”. The "Convenience store" is handy for snacks and emergency sunscreen. They also have "Meetings, Meeting stationery, and Seminars," and “Business facilities.”
The Bottom Line: Should You Go?
Yes. Absolutely. But with your eyes WIDE open. Costa Serrana isn't a flawless five-star resort. It’s a place with heart, a place that’s trying to be great. It's clean, relatively safe, and has some truly stunning views. It's perfect if you want to unwind and escape and not be bothered.
My Crazy Recommendation:
Here's my secret weapon: Book the "Room with a View" and pack a REALLY good book. That, my friends, is the recipe for a truly memorable escape.
Final Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (with a heart emoji)
Wally's Kaya: White River's BEST-KEPT Secret (South Africa)
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into my (slightly disastrous, probably hilarious) itinerary for Costa Serrana Apart Hotel in Mina Clavero, Argentina. This isn't your perfectly curated, Instagram-ready travel log. Consider this more… a travel diary vomited onto the page with a side of existential dread (maybe a touch of euphoria, who knows?).
Costa Serrana: A Love Story (Mostly)
Pre-Trip Utter Chaos:
- Booking: I’d like to say this went smoothly. I’d really like to. But let’s be real. I spent a good hour on Booking.com comparing pictures, reading reviews (some of which I definitely ignored, because apparently, the pool pictures are more important than the leaky-faucet warnings). My phone nearly exploded from the sheer volume of tabs. Finally, Costa Serrana won. Seemed cute. Central! Said they had decent Wi-Fi, and frankly, after a week of doomscrolling, I needed that lifeline.
- Packing: Okay, fine. I did pack my "stylish yet practical" travel wardrobe, complete with hiking boots (spoiler: mostly unused). The list said "Sunscreen. Bug spray. Phrasebook." My packing also included a half-eaten bag of gummy bears and a t-shirt with a terrible pun (it’s coming with me on every trip now).
Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Greetings, and the Quest for Maté
- Flight & Transfer: The flight was a blur of lukewarm airplane coffee and questionable airplane food. Then the transfer from the airport… let's just say the driver was either channeling his inner Mario Andretti or was convinced he was single-handedly trying to break the sound barrier. I arrived at Costa Serrana a sweaty, dishevelled mess.
- Check-in… and the Language Barrier: My Spanish is… well, let’s call it “enthusiastic.” The friendly receptionist’s rapid-fire Spanish was a blur of rapid-fire words, mostly related to the pool hours and the breakfast buffet. I think I successfully managed to convey “room key” and “may I please have the Wi-Fi password?” (it took three tries).
- The Room: Honestly? Not bad. Simple, clean, with a balcony overlooking… something. I think it was a courtyard. The pictures on Booking.com did slightly oversell the view, but still… not terrible.
- The Search for Maté: My absolute first priority was to find supplies to make a proper maté. This is serious business, people. After a walk that was both sweaty and long, I found a tiny shop down the road. I felt a surge of pride when, after much gesticulation, I successfully bought a gourd, a bombilla, and a pack of yerba mate. Victory! I was ready to embrace the Argentine way
- First Maté Ceremony (and Failure): It was going so well. The water was hot, the bombilla was plunged, I… cough. I was coughing! It wasn't exactly the elegant social experience I’d envisioned. The yerba was everywhere. The water was too hot. I managed to get a mouthful of dusty grounds. This maté thing is harder than it looks. Still, perseverance! I'll master it (or die trying).
- Evening: Tired from the journey and the early Maté struggles, I managed to sneak in some time by the pool. It was so quiet and peaceful.
Day 2: Conquering (Maybe) the Waterfalls & a Dinner Disaster
- Breakfast - A Culinary Adventure: The hotel breakfast was… interesting. A buffet of mystery meats, slightly stale bread, and something vaguely resembling scrambled eggs. But! There was dulce de leche. And coffee. So, I powered through.
- Conquering Waterfalls (Sort Of): I'd planned to hit up the waterfalls of Mina Clavero. Gorgeous photos! The reality? Well, the hike was steeper than I expected. I'm pretty sure I saw a hummingbird mocking me as I huffed my way uphill. I'm talking about the "cascadas” here. Stunning, absolutely stunning. And so cold! I dipped a toe in, which I immediately regretted. Also, there were a lot of mosquitos. I did manage to get some truly spectacular photos, though. Proof that I actually went and conquered something.
- Dinner: The Great Argentine Steak-Off: Tonight, I decided to try this famous Argentine restaurant on the main street. So much anticipation. I ordered a steak. Medium-rare, I thought to myself, this is going to be the best I've ever had. The place was noisy, lively, and filled with locals. The service was slow. The steak? Oh. My. God. It was massive! More like an entire cow. I managed about half of it. The rest… well, I'm pretty sure it's haunting my dreams. The waiter was very patient with my pitiful spanish, which, by the way, continued to not improved.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: The day involved a lot of highs and lows. The waterfalls were amazing, the steak was a major ordeal. I'm exhausted, but also exhilarated. This is the messy, unpredictable beauty of travel.
Day 3: Rest, Recuperation, & Maybe Another Disaster
- Sleep In! (or at least attempt to): After the previous days, I needed to sleep. But. There were noises. At 7:30 AM, some very enthusiastic children started shouting (possibly playing football) outside my window. Sleep was still a distant goal. Eventually, I got up, made a cup of coffee, and accepted defeat.
- Poolside Relaxation: The Ultimate Goal. The pool at Costa Serrana is actually quite nice. I spent a blissful hour or two just floating around, reading a book, and pretending I wasn't horribly sunburned.
- More Adventures! I’m open to ideas. I'm going to try again for the maté and potentially, cautiously, give the tango a whirl. I might also venture back out the hotel. The possibilities are almost overwhelming.
- Anticipation: Tonight: I have a date with my journal, the last dulce de leche, and the promise of more chaos.
Day 4 & Beyond: The Unknown & The Unexpected
- (To Be Continued…): I'm leaving room for life to happen. Travel is unpredictable, and the best stories are always the ones you can't plan.
Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions:
- Argentina is loud. People laugh loudly, talk loudly, and seem to generally embrace the joy of life with vocal enthusiasm. It's both exhilarating and slightly overwhelming.
- The cat situation is very robust. Seriously, there are cats everywhere. Sleek, friendly cats. They seem to run the show.
- I'm constantly questioning my Spanish skills. Every conversation is a mix of broken phrases, frantic hand gestures, and sheer luck. Somehow, I'm surviving.
- I miss my dog.
- I’m starting to understand the appeal of a slower pace. The laid-back vibe is infectious. Also, the sunsets are genuinely breathtaking.
- I will probably never master the maté. But I will keep trying.
- I'm so glad I came. Even with the chaos, the mishaps, and the questionable steak, Argentina is getting under my skin.
Final Thoughts (For Now):
This trip is far from perfect. I messed up, I sweated a lot, and I’ve eaten more meat than I've ever eaten in my life. There are moments I want to pull out my phone and just call it all off. But there are other moments – those sun-drenched afternoons by the pool, the stunning views, and the shared laughter with strangers – that remind me why I travel. It's not about flawless itineraries or perfect photographs. It's about the messy, beautiful, unpredictable adventure called life. And right now, I’m living it, one slightly burnt maté at a time.
Is This Guiyang Airport Hotel a HIDDEN GEM? (Rezen Select Review)
So, everyone's raving about "Escape to Paradise" in Mina Clavero... Is it *really* paradise? Or just…clean sheets?
Let's be real, what's the Wi-Fi like? Can I actually, you know, *work* there?
The pictures look amazing. Is the pool… actually swim-worthy?
How's the location? Is it easy to get around? Are there shops/restaurants nearby?
Okay, I'm thinking of booking. But is it suitable for… kids?
Seriously, what's the *vibe*? Is it a party place? Relaxing? Romantic?
Spill the tea: Any downsides? What are the realistic expectations?
Okay, let's talk about *the food*. What's the deal? Are there good restaurants nearby? Should I cook?
What about the staff?Stay And Relax

