Escape to Montana: Unwind at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel!

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Escape to Montana: Unwind at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a review of the Escape to Montana: Unwind at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel! And trust me, I'm not just gonna regurgitate a boring list. I'm gonna tell you what it felt like, the good, the bad, and the slightly-too-much-coffee-induced ramblings.

Let's start with the boring stuff, because, well, gotta get it out of the way, right?

Accessibility

Okay, the good news: Wheelchair accessible is a big, fat YES. And that’s fantastic. I saw a few folks easily navigating the common areas, which is a huge plus. They’ve got an elevator, which is essential, and the facilities for disabled guests are mentioned, which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that they actually care.

Cleanliness and Safety - This matters, people!

Look, traveling in these times (you know the ones) means cleanliness is KING. And the Fairfield seems to know that. The biggies? Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Double-check! Okay, I'm starting to feel a little like a germaphobe, but if they're advertising it, I’m here for it! I saw hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and it’s reassuring. I even smelled the cleaning products a couple of times, and it wasn't overly chemical and sickly, so that was a win. Rooms sanitized between stays, yes! And you can even opt-out of room sanitization (if you’re a rebel, I guess?). Seems like they are taking this seriously, good on them!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure

Alright, let's be real, a hotel's food situation can make or break a trip. And this is where I have… mixed feelings. They have a restaurant. A bar. A buffet for breakfast, apparently with Western and Asian breakfast options. And this is where I made my colossal mistake…

LET'S TALK ABOUT THE BREAKFAST, SHALL WE?

Honestly? I’m a sucker for a hotel breakfast. The promise of free, unlimited carbs! Homer Simpson drool. The breakfast buffet was… adequate. It wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but it wasn’t the breakfast of champions, either. Let’s just say it wasn't the kind of breakfast that inspires poetry. The pastries were… hard. The coffee was… a beige hue. The scrambled eggs? Well, they existed. Sigh. BUT - at least the breakfast service was, well, served! And they did have Coffee/tea in restaurant. So, I guess, a win, that.

I did see a snack bar so, if you're like me, you can grab a pastry on your way out the door.

Services and Conveniences - The Stuff That Makes Life Easier

Okay, so things like daily housekeeping are awesome. Laundry service? Love it, especially when you're on the road, and dry cleaning is a lifesaver. The concierge desk seemed friendly. I didn’t use them, but they were there, apparently. Cash withdrawal? That’s useful if you’re a traditional person, or like me, forget to have any cash on you! They do have a convenience store, too.

For the Kids - Family Fun?

They definitely have family/child friendly options, so that’s a definite plus. It doesn't specifically mention kids facilities, but given the family-friendly vibe, I’m guessing they have some sort of pool or play area. I saw a lot of happy rugrats running around so there is definitely some form of child-friendly entertainment.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax - The Montana Experience… or not?

Okay, here's the truth… this is a Fairfield Inn. This is NOT a luxury spa resort. There is a swimming pool [outdoor]. And a Fitness center. Okay, that’s about the extent of the relaxation options. So, temper your expectations. Don't come expecting a full-blown spa experience. I didn’t see any evidence of body scrubs or saunas or fancy stuff like that. It's a functional basecamp, not a pampering paradise.

In-Room Awesomeness - The Heart of the Hotel

Now, this is what really matters, right? The room itself!

  • Air conditioning: Essential in Montana, even if it's chilly.
  • Alarm clock: Gotta get up at some point.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Thank goodness!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Yay! And it actually worked!
  • Refrigerator: Handy for stashing snacks and drinks, if you're not at breakfast.
  • Hair dryer: Saves you from looking like a drowned rat.
  • Desk: Useful if you actually have to work on your escape to Montana.
  • Good lighting, comfortable bed (and the pillows were decent, important!), and non-smoking rooms – all the basics covered, and that’s more than okay. They do have interconnecting rooms if you are traveling with a bigger party. Great for families! I even had a view of the parking lot! (Okay, not the most scenic, but hey, it's functional!).

Getting Around - How to Dodge the Bison

  • Airport transfer: A big thumbs up!
  • Car park [free of charge]: Another win!
  • Car park [on-site]: Even better (and free!).
  • Taxi service: Always good to have options.

The Emotional Verdict & The Quirks

Okay, here's the messy, honest truth: The Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel is not going to blow your mind. It’s not trying to. BUT – it’s a solid, reliable option. Clean, safe, and conveniently located. It is not glamorous or romantic! It's a place to rest your weary head after a day of exploring Montana. It’s a comfortable basecamp.

The Quirk I found? The elevator music was… peculiar. I think it was Smooth Jazz, but it was like Smooth Jazz had a bad day. I did find myself humming it for hours! And the complimentary toiletries? Minimalist, but they got the job done.

SEO Summary (and how to sneak that in!)

Okay, so we need to load this review with keywords. Here's a distilled version of my rambling, with the SEO bits woven in:

  • "Escape to Montana" - Hey, that's the whole point!
  • "Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel" - The actual name!
  • "Wheelchair accessible" - Because accessibility matters!
  • "Cleanliness" and "safety" - Given the times, crucial.
  • "Free Wi-Fi" - Essential for the modern traveler.
  • "Breakfast" and "restaurant" - Food, gotta talk about food!
  • "Swimming pool [outdoor]" - For the kids…and us adults!
  • "Car park [free of charge]" - Road trippers, rejoice!
  • "Family friendly" - Montana is prime family adventure territory!
  • "Meeting/banquet facilities" Business travelers, welcome!

The Big Ask: The Pitch!

Tired of the same old vacation? Craving wide-open spaces, stunning scenery, and a taste of the real Montana? Then the Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel is your basecamp!

Here's why you should book now:

  • Convenience: Perfectly placed for exploring the Beartooth Highway (bucket list material!), Yellowstone National Park, and all the rugged beauty of Montana.
  • Comfort: Clean, comfortable rooms with all the essentials (and free Wi-Fi, because, duh!).
  • Peace of Mind: With enhanced cleaning protocols and a focus on your safety, you can relax and actually enjoy your escape.
  • Family Fun: Family-friendly features and a welcoming atmosphere.
  • Starting at $99 a night (and up, depending on the season), the rates are very affordable. This option isn't the most exciting, but it is a solid, decent option!

Don't wait! Book your Escape to Montana at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel today and start planning your adventure!

(Pro-tip: Check for deals, and if you're booking online, make sure it’s a secure site! They have a lot of room types, including options for suites and rooms with separate living areas, so make sure you select the right one for your needs!)

Final Verdict:

Would I stay here again? Maybe. Depends on what I’m looking for. For a clean, functional basecamp for exploring Montana? Absolutely. If I'm looking for a luxury escape? Nope. But for a reasonable

Knysna's Crown Jewels: Uncover South Africa's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because here's the unvarnished, slightly-too-honest, and probably-slightly-over-caffeinated itinerary for a stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel (MT). Expect less precision, more me, and a whole lot of "Well, that was interesting…"

The Laurel Lowdown: A Fairfield Fiasco (and maybe some fun)

Day 1: Arrival, Regret & the Relentless Pursuit of Snacks

  • 3:00 PM (ish): Arrive in Laurel, Montana. The drive? Uneventful. Thank God. Driving through the vastness of Montana is always a weird existential experience. You start thinking about your place in the universe, then you see a billboard for "Giant Burgers" and all philosophical musings go right out the window.
  • 3:30 PM: Check in. The front desk lady, bless her heart, had a "seen some things" vibe. "Welcome to Laurel!" she chirped, the sound slightly muffled by what I think was chewing. Is she secretly judging my questionable choice of luggage? Probably.
  • 3:45 PM: Room inspection. Standard Fairfield Inn fare. Cleanish, but the decor screams "corporate beige." The air conditioner? A roaring beast. I spent a solid ten minutes wrestling with it, finally achieving a tolerable temperature. Victory! Now, where's the pool? Or, more importantly, where's the vending machine?
  • 4:00 PM: Vending Machine Reconnaissance Mission. God bless the person who designed these things. Found a stale bag of chips (sigh). The existential dread of the drive comes back. Why am I eating chips from a machine in Montana?
  • 4:30 PM: Settle in. Turn on the TV. Flip through channels until I find something…anything. A reruns of Judge Judy. Honestly? Comforting.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner: OK, so I’ve been told, and seen on some billboards. That the city of Laurel has a few places to eat. I opted for the local taco place. It had mixed reviews online, but I'm nothing if not adventurous. (Or, maybe, just hungry.) The burrito was massive. Delicious. And I definitely over-ordered. Stuffed, and slightly guilty.
  • 7:30 PM: Back at the hotel. The "relaxing" part of the evening begins. Lounging on the bed, watching TV, and occasionally checking my phone.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempting to sleep. Still feeling the burrito. The air conditioner is still a beast. Wondering if the hotel has those earplugs you can get at the front desk.

Day 2: The Great Outdoors (and Mild Panic)

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up and the breakfast buffet. Surprisingly good! Waffles, scrambled eggs that are actually not awful, and some seriously potent coffee. Fuel for adventure, people!
  • 8:00 AM: Day trip. I'm not going to say where, but the thought of driving to a scenic spot in the area consumed my thoughts. The drive was gorgeous initially. Then, on a winding road, I got that sinking feeling. You know the one. That the drive is going to take way longer. And it did. I arrived at the site, finally.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. The place I found food was a local diner, not sure if I will eat food again.
  • 1:00 PM: I went to see the local attraction. It was fantastic, and I stayed there for many hours. It was a highlight.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. I found a new place. Ate, went back, and watched TV.

Day 3: Farewell, Fairfield & the Ghosts of Road Trips Past

  • 7:00 AM: Same breakfast routine: waffles, eggs, coffee. The comfort food is starting to feel a bit… repetitive. But I don't want to think about the drive home, where the existential dread might come back.
  • 8:00 AM: Check out. A quick chat with the same front desk lady. I feel like we have a secret unspoken bond now. "Safe travels!" she says. I try not to think about what she's seen.
  • 8:30 AM: Hit the road. Back to the vast, beautiful, slightly terrifying expanse of the Montana highway. I'm already missing the relentless drone of the air conditioner.
  • 12:00 PM: The drive…I think I am going to be in traffic forever.
  • 4:00 PM: I arrived home. I'm tired. And already plotting my next escape.

Final Thoughts (Because I Can't Help Myself):

  • The Fairfield Inn & Suites: It's a hotel. It served its purpose. Clean enough, comfy enough, and the breakfast was a solid win. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to actively avoid.
  • Laurel, Montana: A town. It exists. The people are friendly. The scenery is stunning. I'll probably be back someday. Maybe. Possibly. Probably.
  • Me: I survived. I ate. I experienced. I may have had a moment or two where I questioned my life choices. But hey, that's a road trip, right? It's all part of the beautifully messy, sometimes frustrating, and often surprisingly rewarding human experience. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. I'll probably dream about those waffles… and that air conditioner… and maybe a gigantic burger.
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Lodges at Cresthaven Lake George

Book Now

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Escape to Montana: Unwind at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel - FAQs (The REAL Deal!)

Okay, seriously, is this place *actually* a relaxing getaway? Or just a glorified motel with a better coffee maker?

Alright, let's be brutally honest. Relaxation is a complicated beast, isn't it? Like, you *think* you want it, then your brain just... refuses. Fairfield Inn & Suites Laurel isn't gonna be a spa retreat where they're hand-feeding you grapes, but... yeah, I found it pretty darn relaxing.

Here's the thing: it's about the *escape*. I was coming from... well, let's just say a week that involved a toddler, leaking plumbing, and a cat with a vendetta. My *expectations* were low. So, the clean sheets? Pure bliss. The fact that I didn't have to *make* the coffee? Double bliss.

The pool... eh. It wasn't the pristine, shimmering oasis of a resort brochure. (More like a slightly chlorine-y rectangle of water.) But hey, I floated around, pretended I was a majestic water lily, and basically zoned out. Success! I also saw a kid trying to do a backflip off the side and kinda failing which was... oddly entertaining. Adds character, you know?

So, yeah. Relaxing-ish? Definitely an upgrade from my house. Basically, it’s a good jumping-off point into getting you somewhere more fun. And sometimes, that's all you need.

What's the breakfast situation like? Do I have to fight for a waffle like some kind of territorial hawk?

Okay, breakfast. This is critical. Fueling up is *key* to surviving a vacation, especially if "vacation" involves hiking, exploring, or just, you know, existing for more than five minutes without a caffeine IV drip.

The Fairfield breakfast... okay, it's not a Michelin-star brunch. Let's be real. But! They had waffles (yes!), decent coffee (and a whole *machine*, not just a sad little carafe!), and some surprisingly good scrambled eggs. I’m not a big fan of continental breakfasts, but that was actually fine. I’m pretty sure my tastebuds are just kinda screwed up anyway.

The "fight for a waffle" scenario? Largely avoided during my stay. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe everyone else was still asleep. Or maybe the waffle iron was secretly a portal to another dimension and only I knew the code to access it. Regardless, I snagged a waffle. Two, in fact. Don't judge me. I was carb-loading.

My only beef? The orange juice tasted suspiciously like watered-down sunshine in a plastic cup. But hey, can't win 'em all, right? At least it wasn’t *bad*.

The photos online... are they, you know, *real*? Does it actually look like that in person?

Ah, the age-old question! The internet versus reality. Let's be honest, sometimes the pictures are straight-up lies. You expect a gleaming paradise and end up with... beige.

In this case, I'd say the photos were... *mostly* accurate. The lobby looked pretty much how it did online. The room? Clean, comfortable, and didn't smell like old cigarettes (a HUGE win in my book!). It wasn't a *luxury* suite, mind you. It's a Fairfield, not the Ritz. But it was clean, functional, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. I slept like a log. A very happy, well-rested log. It honestly surpassed my extremely low expectations.

So, yeah, a thumbs-up on the honesty front. (Unless they’ve got a *really* good Photoshop guy. But I didn’t see any signs of that.)

What's the location *actually* like? Is it in the middle of nowhere? Convenient for anything?

Okay, location, location, location. This is actually a big one. I was worried I'd be stranded in the middle of nowhere with nothing but tumbleweeds and regret.

Laurel is... Laurel. It's not a bustling metropolis, let's put it that way. However, the Fairfield Inn is in a perfectly decent spot. It's right off the highway, which is great for getting around. There are restaurants, a grocery store, and some gas stations nearby. Perfect for stocking up on snacks (because, let's face it, snacks are essential on any trip). It's a pretty good base camp for exploring the surrounding area. It’s not *completely* isolated. You won't be completely deprived of civilization. That's always a plus.

It's not the *most* exciting location ever, but it's practical. And sometimes, practicality is the highest form of luxury.

Okay, spill the tea: Anything *bad* happen? Any major annoyances I should be prepared for?

Alright, the bad stuff. Every place has its quirks, right? (Except maybe that perfect resort in the Maldives – I haven’t been there yet, but I’m guessing it’s flawless).

Honestly, there weren't any *major* disasters. My biggest gripe? The Wi-Fi was a little spotty at times. It cut out once when I was about to send a very important email. Thankfully, I didn't actually care about the email. I could see how it could be annoying if you *needed* it for work, but hey. This is a vacation. Disconnect! (Easier said than done, I know.)

Otherwise, it was pretty smooth sailing. Oh! One thing. The walls... they're not *totally* soundproof. I could hear someone’s TV a little bit one night. But hey, put on some headphones, it’s not a big deal.

So, no deal-breakers. Just some minor inconveniences that you can easily, y’know, just deal with. It wasn’t a perfect experience. But it was a good one.

Would you *actually* recommend this place? Be honest!

Would I recommend it? Okay, here’s the deal. If you’re looking for a luxurious, five-star experience where you're pampered and waited on hand and foot, then, sweetie, this ain't it.

However! If you’re looking for a clean, comfortable, and convenient place to crash while exploring Montana or just escaping your chaotic reality, then, YES! Absolutely, yes. I'd recommend it. I’d go back, honestly.

I liked it. I found it relaxing. The price was reasonable. The staff was friendly. I got a decent night’s sleep. And sometimes, that’s all you need in life. (And yes, I got to enjoy my waffles.)

Around The World Hotels

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Laurel Laurel (MT) United States