Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien Awaits! Your Dream HCM City Stay (We Home)

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien Awaits! Your Dream HCM City Stay (We Home)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic, vibrant heart of Ho Chi Minh City with a review of Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien Awaits! Your Dream HCM City Stay (We Home). Buckle up, because honey, this place? It's a vibe. And I'm here to tell you all about it, warts and all.

Let's be real, navigating a review of a hotel in a city as bonkers as Saigon is a journey in itself. I'm thinking less perfectly curated postcard and more… a slightly sweaty, slightly overwhelmed tourist who's actually been there.

First, the Basics: Accessibility… and My Inner Circle's Panic

Before we get into the fun stuff, let's address the elephant in the room: accessibility. Okay, full disclosure, I'm writing this with the well-being of my best friend, Sarah, who’s got mobility issues, in mind. And the truth is, this is Saigon, not exactly known for its pristine accessibility.

  • Accessibility: Overall, it's… tricky. The elevator is a godsend. Bless the person who thought of that. But outside the hotel, the sidewalks are a warzone of motorbikes and uneven pavement. Inside? We’re talking about the hotel itself, so elevator access is a plus.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Listing it as "Facilities for disabled guests" is a touch optimistic. I mean, there are elevators, and that's a huge plus. Bathrooms might have some adaptations (check specific room details), but don't expect a fully-fledged spa of accessibility. It's Vietnam, not Switzerland.
  • Wheelchair accessible: Inside the hotel, you're good to go, mostly. Outside? Pray for your ramps.

The "Things to Do" & "Ways to Relax" - Where the Real Fun Begins (and the Steamroom Ends My Dreams)

Alright, let's cut to the chase: what can you actually do to unwind after a day of dodging scooters?

  • Swimming pool: Okay, so the outdoor pool? Gorgeous. Pool with a view? Definitely. I spent a considerable amount of time sprawled on a sun lounger, nursing a surprisingly well-made cocktail, and letting the Saigon heat melt away my cares. Pure bliss. Definitely a highlight.
  • Spa, Sauna, Steamroom…and the Illusion of Luxury: Okay, I was REALLY looking forward to the spa. We're in Southeast Asia, the land of amazing massages right?!?! The pictures looked promising. Reality? Not quite the spa experience I was picturing. The sauna and steamroom were… well, I'll be honest, they left a bit to be desired. I poked my head in, and let's just say the smell of slightly burnt eucalyptus wasn't exactly transporting me to a zen paradise. My expectations might have been set too high. The massage? Decent. But not life-changing.
  • Fitness Center / Gym/fitness - Did I go? No. Did I intend to go? Yes. Did I actually escape the seductive siren song of the pool bar and the delicious street food? Absolutely not. The best exercise I got was dodging the aforementioned scooters.

Cleanliness & Safety: The Peace of Mind We All Crave (Especially After Street Food)

Look, let's be frank. Saigon’s intensity can be overwhelming. You need to know you're safe and, critically, that you won't spend your entire trip glued to the toilet.

  • Cleanliness: Pretty darn good! The rooms were spotless, the sheets were fresh, and the whole place had a generally well-maintained feel. A definite win.
  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Nice to know, right? It's the post-Covid world.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Excellent.
  • Hand sanitizer: Plentiful – always a good sign.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Confident!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Yay, extra points for peace of mind.
  • CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: You know, makes you feel a bit safer.
  • Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher: Essential, and it's good they have it.
  • Safe dining setup & Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: I noticed all these things and was at peace when I did my food exploration.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to Eat (a Lot)

Saigon is a foodie paradise, and the hotel definitely plays its part. Here's the breakdown, although the real food adventure? It's outside, in the streets (see below).

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Standard Asian breakfast but also a decent selection of Western options, too. The coffee was pretty good, a very important detail.
  • Restaurants: Restaurant options seemed a little limited, but the food quality was good enough.
  • Poolside bar, Snack bar: Convenient for cocktails and snacks, which is all I really require most of the time.
  • A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Western breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant: All available.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and the Wi-Fi That Keeps Us Connected)

  • Internet access, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas, Internet [LAN], Internet services: Wi-Fi was pretty solid throughout, which is crucial when you're trying to navigate the city, stream Netflix, or call home to tell your family how insane everything is.
  • Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Luggage storage, Laundry service, Dry cleaning: All the usual suspects, offering a super convenient experience.
  • Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal: Crucial. Get your dong on!
  • Safety deposit boxes: A must-use in any hotel, especially in a place like this.
  • Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities: Didn't use them, but good to know they're there.

For the Kids: Not Exactly a Kids' Paradise (But They'll Survive)

  • Family/child friendly: Probably. But don't expect a kids' club or anything crazy.
  • Babysitting service: Apparently!
  • Kids meal: I'm assuming there are, but this is not a family-focused resort so it's not the main focus.

Getting Around: The Saigon Shuffle (and the Airport Transfer)

  • Airport transfer: Definitely arrange this. Saves you the stress of haggling with a taxi driver after a long flight.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Bicycle parking: Available but I didn't need these.
  • Taxi service: Easy to find.

Available in All Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty (and the Essential Coffee Maker)

  • Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Yup, the rooms are well-equipped, pretty standard stuff. The bed was super comfy and I'm always excited to get a window that opens.

The Experience- Based on My Experience

I LOVED IT! My room was clean, and the staff were incredibly helpful. This hotel is PERFECT for a solo traveller or a couple seeking a base of exploration for the amazing city of Ho Chi Minh. This hotel is not the place you would stay to relax on your holiday, but if you're here to DO things, and you're planning on spending almost all of your time out, then you'll enjoy your relaxed stay in this hotel.

Now, here's the juicy part: The Street Food!

Okay, people, this is where Saigon truly shines. Forget the fancy restaurants (though those are there too!), ditch the hotel buffet occasionally and get yourself out onto the streets. Try the Banh Mi (seriously, hundreds of places to try, each with its own subtle deliciousness), the Pho (heaven in a bowl), the fresh spring rolls (so light, so delicious), the iced coffee (a must-try!).

The best part about this hotel? I actually felt energized in my adventures. I would be happy to rebook this hotel based on the service and the location.

The Offer to Persuade Booking

Tired of Ordinary Vacations? Dive into the Heart of Saigon with Us (We Home)!

Here's the deal:

  • Stay 3 Nights or More and Get: Free airport pickup, a complimentary
Escape to Paradise: Vistamar Hotel, Maceio, Brazil

Book Now

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is HCMC, We Home, Walk to Ben Thanh, Bui Vien… and my brain in overdrive. Let's do this, shall we?

The Absolutely-Maybe-Workable Itinerary (aka "My Saigon Survival Guide")

Day 1: Arrival & Sensory Overload (But in a Good Way… Mostly)

  • 10:00 AM: ARRIVAL. Tan Son Nhat Airport (SGN). Okay, first impressions… HOT. Like, tropical-hellfire-I-need-a-shower-already hot. Finding the We Home transfer pre-booked? Praying my Vietnamese phone-fu is strong. Fingers crossed. (Note to self: Pack a stronger deodorant. Seriously.)
  • 11:00 AM: Check into We Home. Hopefully, it's as charming as the photos promised. (Please, please be air-conditioned.) Unpack. Immediately assess the damage from the flight. Always a mix of hope for what's left of my makeup and horror at the wrinkles in my lucky t-shirt.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch: Pho Ga- Hunting down some Pho near the Airbnb to begin my quest… Is this "the one"? I'm a Pho-snob in the making. I'm already envisioning the perfect balance of broth, noodles, and herbs.
  • 1:00 PM: Walk to Ben Thanh Market. This is gonna be a WILD ride. Apparently, it's a sensory assault. I'm ready (ish).
  • 1:30 PM-4:00 PM: Ben Thanh Market, Round 1. Okay, I'm already sweating, bargaining like a pro (or at least, trying to). The sights… the smells… the sheer CHAOS. I need to buy a hat. And a fan. And maybe a calming elixir. Seriously, I think I saw a guy selling live chickens next to designer handbags. This place is a beautiful, organized mess. Trying to locate some local delicacies (mango sticky rice is high on the hit-list).
  • 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM: Coffee break! Finding a cute little coffee shop, ideally with air conditioning. I need that Vietnamese coffee now. And possibly a sugar rush to fuel the rest of the day.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Exploring the area around Ben Thanh. Maybe finding a tailor to get some clothes made (a fancy silk shirt would be amazing). Getting hopelessly lost. Probably asking a local for help (and hoping they speak English).
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner - I was hoping to find a rooftop restaurant overlooking the city. Research is key.
  • 8:00 PM: BUi Vien Street- OMG. Apparently, it's a party animal's paradise. I'm not a party animal, I'm a tired tourist, but… I'll soak it in. I'm planning on at least walking down the street, observing the madness, and possibly getting a cheap beer.
  • 9:00 PM: Late-night snacks? Street food is calling my name, but my stomach is being cautious…
  • 10:00 PM: Collapse at We Home. Reviewing photos, and fighting the urge to buy another hat.

Day 2: Culture, Chaos (More of Both!) & Maybe a Massage

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast: Trying a Bun Bo Hue to kick off the morning. I'm getting braver with the food.
  • 10:00 AM: War Remnants Museum. Okay, this will be heavy. I have to steel myself. It's important to learn and pay respects. I'm expecting this to be a sobering experience.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch: Something light, simple. Maybe some Bahn Mi?
  • 1:00 PM: Notre Dame Cathedral & Central Post Office. Instagram time! Snapping pictures, pretending to be cultured. Admiring the architecture, probably feeling a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of scooters.
  • 2:30 PM: Independent Palace (Reunification Palace). Another dose of history. Hoping I can follow along without entirely spacing out.
  • 4:00 PM: Massage. YES. My aching muscles are screaming for it. Finding a reputable place. I'm picturing bliss.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner: Maybe a cooking class? I want to learn how to make authentic Vietnamese food!
  • 7:30 PM: Relaxing at We Home, or if im still feeling energetic: maybe a rooftop bar with a cocktail.

Day 3: Cu Chi Tunnels & Departure (Maybe, Hopefully, Not Covered in Sweat!)

  • 8:00 AM: Cu Chi Tunnels tour. Pre-booked this one. I'm claustrophobic, so this should be interesting. (Panic attack potential: assessed.)
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch: Simple food from the tour (hopefully something not too… exotic).
  • 2:00 PM: Shopping - Last chances to grab souvenirs, and maybe some more street food.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to We Home. Packing. Reflecting. Feeling the mix of relief and sadness that comes with leaving a place I’ve grown to love.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner: A farewell meal. Gotta find something special.
  • 7:30 PM: Relaxing and trying to soak up the moments before departure.
  • 8:00 PM: Heading to the Airport.
  • 9:00 PM: Departure. Goodbye Saigon, you crazy, beautiful city. I'll be back. (Probably covered in sweat.)

Important Notes (aka "My Survival Guide, Part 2")

  • Transportation: Okay, the scooter situation is intimidating. Walking as much as possible.
  • Food Safety: Okay, I'm going to try everything, BUT street food with EXTREME caution. (Stick to places with crowds, watch the locals, and maybe bring some Imodium.)
  • Bargaining: Practice those haggling skills! And don't be afraid to walk away.
  • Heat: Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. And reapply sunscreen. Frequently.
  • Embrace the Chaos: Honestly, that's part of the charm. Just go with the flow and try not to freak out.
  • Expect the Unexpected: This is Vietnam. Things will go sideways. Accept it. Laugh. Move on.
  • Be Kind: A little smile goes a long way. Try to learn a few basic Vietnamese phrases.
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: Prepare for a mix of awe, joy, frustration, and culture shock. It's going to be intense. But that's why we travel, right?
  • Most important reminder: Write your own journal. Take notes, make pictures, and most importantly, have fun!

Well, there you have it. My ridiculously optimistic, possibly delusional, Saigon schedule. Wish me luck! I'll need it.

Tampere's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Central Station Review!

Book Now

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien Awaits! Your Dream HCM City Stay (We Home) - FAQs, Because We've Been There (and Made Some Mistakes!)

Okay, Ben Thanh Market – Is It *Really* Worth the Hype? (And Will I Get Ripped Off?)

Alright, let's be real. Ben Thanh Market? It's a sensory overload. Picture this: you walk in, and BAM! Incense, sizzling food smells, the aggressive (but usually good-natured) calls of vendors hawking their wares. It’s chaos, glorious chaos. Is it worth it? Absolutely. But… the haggling! Oh, the haggling. I messed up big time on my first trip. Bought a t-shirt for, like, three times the actual worth because I was too shy to haggle. Now, I go in with a set price in mind. Start low, walk away if they don’t budge, and you'll usually end up somewhere reasonable. Think of it as a game. A sweaty, slightly stressful game… but fun nonetheless!

My Pro-Tip: Research prices online *before* you go. And bring cash! They take credit cards at some shops, but the best bargains are usually cash deals.

What Should I *Actually* Buy at Ben Thanh? (And What Should I Avoid Like the Plague?)

Okay, the good stuff: I love the coffee! They sell these amazing, strong Vietnamese coffee beans. Also, the food stalls! The pho is legendary (do your research and pick a busy stall to ensure freshness). They have beautiful silk, too. Just be aware, some of the silk is… well, not. Check the label if you care.

Avoid: The knock-off designer stuff. Trust me, it's tempting, especially after a few beers. But it's usually terrible quality. I once bought a "Gucci" bag and it fell apart before I even left the market. Also, be cautious with the "antiques." Unless you’re an expert, you’re probably buying a fake, and a very expensive one. Stick to the fun stuff!

How Do I Get from the Market to Bui Vien Street? (And is Bui Vien as Crazy as They Say?)

Okay, the distance isn't far. You can walk, grab a taxi (make sure it’s a reputable one, like Vinasun or Mai Linh, and insist on the meter!), or take a Grab (the ride-sharing app – *highly* recommended!). Walking’s doable, but it can be hot and humid, especially during the day.

Bui Vien... oh, Bui Vien. YES, it’s as crazy as they say. Picture a street jam-packed with bars, backpackers, neon lights, and the constant thrum of life. It's intense. My first time, I was overwhelmed. It felt like being in a movie! You'll see everything from people playing beer pong to street performers. It's loud, it's lively, and it's… intoxicating (literally and figuratively). It’s a must-do at least once.

Is We Home a Good Place to Stay? (Spill the Tea!)

Okay, We Home. I didn't stay *specifically* at a We Home property on my last trip, but I checked them out online. I'm basing this on reviews and comparing it to the vibe of other places I have stayed. Generally, the concept is pretty good: stylish, clean accommodation at a reasonable price. I *hate* dingy hotels, so this is already a plus.

What I'm looking for: a place that's clean, comfortable, and well-located. We Home seems to tick those boxes. The reviews often mention helpful staff, which is crucial. I once stayed in a place where the staff were… well, nonexistent. It was a disaster! So, based on what I've seen and what I know about the area, I’d be happy to try a We Home location. The location is key for easy access to both Ben Thanh and Bui Vien, so it's a good starting point.

Food, Glorious Food! What's a Must-Eat in HCM City? (Besides Pho, Obvs.)

Okay, forget the diet. Seriously. HCM City is a food paradise. Besides pho (duh!), you absolutely *must* try banh mi. Crispy baguette, filled with savory meats, pickled vegetables, and a spicy kick. Heaven. Look for a stall with a long queue – locals know best!

Also, try com tam (broken rice with grilled pork), bun cha (grilled pork with noodles and dipping sauce), and spring rolls. And the street food! So many options! I once stumbled upon a tiny stall selling these amazing grilled skewers. I ended up eating, like, twenty. My stomach *definitely* paid the price later, but worth it!

My advice: Be adventurous! Try things you've never heard of. Just be aware of hygiene – look for places that seem clean and busy. And maybe pack some Pepto-Bismol. Just in case.

Safety: Is HCM City Safe to Visit? (And What Should I Watch Out For?)

Overall, yes, HCM City is a safe city. I've walked around at all hours and never felt genuinely threatened. But, like any big city, you need to be aware of your surroundings. Petty theft is the main concern – pickpocketing, bag snatching from motorbikes (especially around Bui Vien), and scams.

My Real-Life Story: I was once almost ripped off by a taxi driver who tried to charge me an exorbitant fare. I argued (politely, but firmly!) until he gave in. So, always agree on a price or insist on the meter. Also, be careful with your phone – keep it tucked away when you're walking in crowded areas. And watch out for those motorbikes! They’re EVERYWHERE!

Bui Vien Survival Guide: How to Survive the Nightlife?

Bui Vien is a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself! Seriously. The energy is infectious, and it's easy to get carried away. Start slow, maybe a few beers at a bar, then wander. There are bars, clubs, street food vendors, and performers everywhere. It’s a sensory explosion. Don't feel pressured to stay in one place all night. Explore!

Remember: Be aware of your drinks. Don't leave them unattended. And try not to get *too* drunk. Things can get… well, messy. Carry a small amount of cash so you're not flashing huge wads of money. And most importantly: have fun! Embrace the chaos!

Travel Stay Guides

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

We Home - Walk to Ben Thanh Market & Bui Vien! Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam