
Luxury Medan Living: Podomoro City Deli Lexington Tower Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the shimmering, potentially-problematic world of Luxury Medan Living: Podomoro City Deli Lexington Tower Awaits! This isn't your sterile, corporate-speak review, this is me, raw and unfiltered, spilling the tea on what's likely a seriously swanky (and potentially slightly soul-crushing) experience. Prepare yourselves for a rollercoaster of opinions, because honestly, I’m already anticipating things.
First Impressions – The Arrival & Accessibility (and the dread of elevators, ugh)
Right off the bat, "Luxury Medan Living" screams "big." Towering. Ostentatious. The kind of place that probably makes you feel like you should be dressed better than you are, even in your most casual travel clothes. Let's get this out of the way first: Accessibility is KEY.
Accessibility & Getting Around:
- Accessibility, the good and the slightly-less-good. I'm hoping – praying – they've thought about accessibility. Elevators (essential!), are a must in a high-rise. Fingers crossed they're smoothly and accessible for wheelchairs and whatnot. It'd be a huge miss if they didn't consider disabled guests. We're not living in the dark ages anymore, people!
- Car Park & Getting Around: The car park [on-site] is a lifesaver, especially if you're renting a car, but hopefully, car park [free of charge] is also available. Airport transfer is a necessity for a hotel of this caliber; walking through Medan in a panic sounds like a nightmare. And taxi service is a given. But hey let's not forget that Valet parking is a must!
Inside the Bubble: Rooms, Comforts, and the Internet's Grip
Okay, let's talk about the rooms. This is, for me, where the magic (or the crushing disappointment) happens.
Room Essentials & Amenities:
- The Room, Room, It will be a room! Okay, so here are the basics. We’re expecting air conditioning; sweating in a luxury hotel isn’t a vibe. Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains (thank GOD – sleeping in is an art), carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping (thank you, gods of clean!), a desk, extra long bed (because who doesn't want to sprawl?), free bottled water, hair dryer. But what if the hair dryer sucks? What if the water runs out? So many problems!
- Techy Necessities: Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, is essential. I need WiFi. I NEED to doomscroll, and I need it NOW.
- Bathroom Ritual: I need a private bathroom, with all the proper necessities. Oh yeah.
- Entertainment and the Other Essentials: Satellite/cable channels are a must, and I'd hope for a decent selection. Seating area, is important, and a sofa is a bonus.
- The Extras: Additional toilet, and interconnecting room(s) available (for larger groups). Bathroom phone, and the presence of a mirror, so that you know you are looking good.
- The Ultimate Test: My biggest complaint is: are the bathrobes actually fluffy? That's a deal-breaker. Is the coffee/tea maker decent? And what about the slippers?
- Safety, always: In-room safe box, smoke detector, and all the necessary things.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Gastronomic Gauntlet
Alright, food, glorious food. This is where a luxury hotel can truly shine (or spectacularly fail).
Culinary Landscape
- Restaurants & Variety: Ideally, there's a restaurant and/or several. Look for Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, maybe even a Vegetarian restaurant. I'm always curious about what they consider "international." Hopefully, not just burgers and fries!
- Breakfast, the most important meal? We've got Asian breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Western breakfast, That's good, if you like a buffet. Personally, I love a good buffet but, if it's a buffet of sad, lukewarm eggs, I’ll be very, VERY grumpy. Hopefully it's a Breakfast in room option if you are not feeling social.
- Bar-life: Poolside bar is a huge plus, especially with that Pool with view. sighs
- Room service: A Room service [24-hour] is essential when you are wanting to order in the middle of the night or when you are just being lazy.
- Snacking: Hopefully there's a Coffee shop, because I NEED coffee.
- The Smaller Things: Is there the ever-so-essential bottle of water? Small details matter. Also, desserts in restaurant.
Spa, Relaxation, and the Pursuit of Serenity (or at least a slightly relaxed state)
Okay, time to find some zen, or at least pretend to.
Spa & Wellness
- Heavenly Promises: A Spa is a must. Massage is pretty crucial, especially after a long day of…well, whatever you do in Medan.
- Relaxation Stations: Sauna, steamroom, and a foot bath – all vital ingredients for ultimate chill.
- The Extras: Body scrub and Body wrap sound luxurious, maybe a little too luxurious, but hey, I'm not complaining.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Pandemic Era: Navigating the Minefield
Let's be honest, post-pandemic, this is a HUGE deal. How do they handle the whole cleanliness thing?
Hygiene and Safety
- The Essentials: Anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer, and staff trained in safety protocol are all non-negotiables these days.
- The Extras: Room sanitization opt-out available, is a nice touch. They also should do rooms sanitized between stays.
- Food safety: Hoping they have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Safe dining setup.
Services, Conveniences, and the Little Things That Matter
This is where a hotel truly pulls out all the stops.
Extras & Conveniences
- The Must-Haves: Concierge, Daily housekeeping, and Laundry service, all essential.
- Helpful features: Cash withdrawal is always needed; luggage storage is useful; safety deposit boxes are very useful if you are carrying jewelry, passports, and money.
- Business Stuff: Business facilities, and meeting options, but I'm not here to work.
- Other fun things: Convenience store, and a souvenir shop are good.
The Bottom Line: Should You Book? (My Honest Take!)
Honestly, without having been there, it's hard to give a definitive answer. But based on the description, Luxury Medan Living: Podomoro City Deli Lexington Tower Awaits! has the potential to be a truly luxurious experience. The most important thing to me is the accessibility, which should be taken very seriously. The food and the cleanliness are also crucial.
My Quirky, Stream-of-Consciousness Conclusion:
So, there you have it. A messy, honest, and hopefully somewhat helpful review. I’m envisioning myself luxuriating in that fluffy bathrobe (or throwing a tantrum if it's scratchy!), and hoping the coffee is strong. If you’re looking for a pampering experience in Medan, this could be the place. Just, you know, check those recent reviews and make sure the elevators are working. And for the love of all that is holy, give me a good cup of coffee!
Charter House Hollywood: Your Dream Retirement Awaits (FL)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-curated travel blog. This is me, bumbling my way through the concrete jungle of Medan, based in the (supposedly) luxurious Podomoro City Deli Lexington Tower. Let's see if this experience is more "honeymoon suite" or "hostel with a faulty air conditioner." Here goes:
Medan Mess-Around: A Humdrum, Occasionally Spectacular, and Probably Sweaty Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival - Jakarta Blues to Medan Mayhem
- 10:00 AM: Landed in Medan Kualanamu International Airport (KNO). The air immediately hits you – thick, humid, and smelling faintly of a mix of diesel and… something indefinable. Is that durian I detect? My luggage, thankfully, also arrived, a small victory in this chaotic world. Already feeling a little shell-shocked after the Jakarta flight, and the taxi driver's driving (I swear, he played "Frogger" with motorbikes).
- 11:30 AM: Arrived at Podomoro City Deli Lexington. The lobby does look fancy, with its gleaming marble and bored-looking staff. Still, my brain's yelling "scam!" at every expensive-looking detail. I'm expecting my room to be a closet with a view of a dumpster.
- 1:00 PM: Room check! Okay, it's not a dumpster view. It's… a pretty decent view! High-rise landscape. Clean. Relief washes over me. The mini-bar, however, is a rip-off. Clearly, they're banking on jet lag and desperation.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant nearby. Found a place serving Mie Gomak, a thick, spicy noodle soup. Ordered it, expecting the usual blandness, but HOLY COW! It was a flavor explosion! The spice hit me like a punch, but it was so good. Pure, unadulterated, street-food joy. My face, however, looked like a tomato.
- 3:30 PM: Trying to acclimatize to the heat, which is relentless. Just taking a short lap around the building and realized this could be a great place to live in. Considering the cost of rent (and the temptation of the rooftop pool).
- 5:00 PM: Stumbling around the neighbourhood near the apartment trying to purchase some basic necessities. The place is surrounded by malls, restaurants, and shops. I got a glimpse of the city's energy.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner and a very welcome Bintang beer at a little place. I attempted to order something simple (fried rice) but ended up with a plate of something that looked like fried rice but tasted… different. Still, I devoured it, because, hey, food, and I'm too exhausted to complain.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Jet lag is catching up. Praying the a/c can handle the night. The jungle is calling, and so is my sleep.
Day 2: Culture Shock and Culinary Adventures
- 8:00 AM: Woke up… and the A/C did handle the night! Hallelujah! Also, the coffee machine in the room is a lifesaver.
- 9:00 AM: A quick dip in the rooftop pool, the only thing that could get me moving in the morning. Actually this is what I like the most in the luxury apartment.
- 10:00 AM: A failed attempt to get a Grab car. Switched to a taxi. I was warned about the traffic in Medan, but even for a Jakarta veteran, this is something else. An hour to go 2 km. My patience is wearing thin.
- 11:00 AM: Visiting the Maimun Palace, a beautiful, albeit slightly faded, Sultanate palace. The architecture is stunning, but the tour guide's English was… let's say "enthusiastically interpretative." I got photos of the guards. I'm sure they're used to it.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local Warung near the palace. The food was good, but the flies were relentless. My appreciation for the air conditioning in my room just went up tenfold.
- 2:30 PM: Trying to find the Chinese temple, but the traffic is making me want to scream. Ended up ditching the plan and opting for some street food, maybe some more Mie Gomak?
- 3:30 PM: Decided to head back to the apartment. This is not the place to wander around alone. The roads are messy, so better to keep my cool.
- 5:00 PM: A very necessary afternoon nap.
- 7:00 PM: Went to a local restaurant, and ordered Nasi Padang. The food comes to your table and you decide what you want to eat, you eat what you want. I asked the server to remove some plates because I was overwhelmed.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the room, reflecting on the day. Medan is… a lot. Overwhelming, chaotic, but also undeniably charming. And the food. Oh, the food!
Day 3: Beyond Medan – A (Potentially Crazy) Day Trip
- 7:00 AM: Wake up! Because, for some reason, my body thinks 7 AM is a good time. Decide to take a day trip outside of Medan.
- 8:00 AM: Hiring a private driver for a day trip to Lake Toba or Bukit Lawang.
- Option A: Lake Toba (Potentially a long drive, but the scenery is supposed to be breathtaking. Risk: Spending half the day in a car. I am worried it will not worth it.).
- Option B: Bukit Lawang (A closer destination, known for orangutan trekking. Risk: Getting eaten by a monkey. And the thought of how to wear my safari outfit makes me roll my eyes).
- 9:00 AM: This is my dilemma: I look at the map of the locations. The driver insists to go to Lake Toba. I'm hesitant.
- 10:00 AM: Decide to go to Bukit Lawang. Just like my gut feeling.
- 12:00 PM: Arrive at Bukit Lawang. The journey takes a lot of time, but I'm happy that I choose the road, instead of the lake. I enjoyed the landscape.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Bukit Lawang. I signed up a trekking group with many tourists. I'm not sure I like the idea that much. I asked the guide and they said I could choose to go alone. My decision.
- 1:30 PM: I am in the jungle, walking alone. It is terrifying and exhilarating all at once. The sounds of the jungle are incredible.
- 3:00 PM: I saw my first orangutan! And a baby! Amazing! I don't think I ever want to leave.
- 4:00 PM: Some other people from the group came in and started screaming at me in the local language. Turns out, I crossed the orangutan's territory. I didn't know that!
- 6:00 PM: We went back down at the jungle. I could not stop smiling. This is one of the best adventures.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the Lexigton, exhausted, sunburnt, and buzzing with the memory of those amazing apes. Definitely worth the drive.
Day 4: Podomoro City Exploration (and Departure)
- 8:00 AM: Late wake up. I am tired of yesterday's adventures. Time to chill.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the apartment.
- 10:00 AM: I'm going to spend the day around the apartment. I need some quiet time.
- 11:00 AM: Trying the building's gym. I think I can live here. The facilities are cool.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch near the building.
- 1:00 PM: Exploring the malls near the building.
- 3:00 PM: A little bit of shopping. Buying some snacks.
- 5:00 PM: Went to the rooftop to admire the sky.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant near the apartment.
- 9:00 PM: Packing my bags. I am leaving tomorrow. I am both excited and sad.
Day 5: Leaving Medan - Until Next Time?
- 6:00 AM: Wake up, a mix of "back to reality" and "thank god I'm leaving."
- 7:00 AM: Taxi to Kualanamu Airport. Praying for a smooth ride and no traffic.
- 9:00 AM: Kualanamu Airport. Final durian aroma wafts in the air.
- 10:00 AM: Boarding, flight back home

Okay, Podomoro City Deli Lexington Tower... Sounds fancy, but is it *really* worth the hype? I mean, Medan isn't exactly Monaco, is it?
Ugh, that's *the* question, isn’t it? Look, I walked into that Lexington Tower show unit, and honestly? My jaw nearly *hit* the floor. The marble, the views... it's a sensory overload in the best way possible. But the *price* tag? Let's just say it's enough to make you spontaneously develop a stress-induced tic. I’m talking, like, “rethink your entire life choices, should you even be *looking* at apartments” kind of expensive. So, worth the hype? Honestly, it’s pushing it. Medan is Medan. But if you've got the dough (and let's be honest, I don't), and crave a level of shiny, polished perfection, then the hype might actually be justified. I spent an hour just *touching* the countertops. It was weird. But also…amazing? Don't judge me. I'm still recovering.
What kind of amenities are we talking about? Besides, you know, *being* rich. Anything actually *useful*?
Useful? Okay, let's get real. Useful is a word I reserve for things like "decent Wi-Fi" and "a reliable air conditioner" in Medan. But Podomoro? We’re talking more "Instagrammable convenience." A gorgeous infinity pool (because, of course), a state-of-the-art gym (that I'd *probably* be too intimidated to use), a swanky lounge (where I imagine everyone looks effortlessly chic), and… get this… a *private elevator* that opens directly into *your* apartment. Seriously? I mean, I'd trip over myself and probably faceplant out of sheer excitement if I had that. Then there's the kids' playground. I don't have kids, but even *I* was thinking, "Wow, that looks… impressive." It's all very, very shiny. A little bit overwhelming... and I might secretly judge the people who use the private elevator for a bit. Just saying.
How's the location? Is it in the middle of that chaotic Medan traffic, or… heaven forbid… the mosquito zone?
Location, location, location, right? And the answer, my friends, is… *mostly* good. It’s smack-dab in the middle of everything. Restaurants, shopping malls (fancy ones), and easy access to the main roads (that, yes, will still be jammed with traffic at rush hour). It's a double-edged sword, really. Convenient? Absolutely. Peaceful? Probably not. You’ll hear the honking, the chatter, the general city buzz of Medan. But, and here's a big BUT (and I cannot lie), the *views* from the higher floors look AMAZING. I'm talkin', possibly worth the minor daily stress of Medan traffic. Plus, they're building *another* mall right beside it. More temptation! More shopping! My wallet is already crying. And mosquito-wise? Well, they’re probably well-fed up there, which is a plus for them, which is not a plus for me.
Let’s talk about the interior design. What’s the vibe? Are we talking minimalist, maximalist, or somewhere in between? And can I *finally* have a walk-in closet big enough to house my shoe collection?
Okay, the interiors... buckle up. From what I saw, and this is just based on the show unit, it’s leaning towards an… elevated, modern, slightly… *sterile* vibe. Lots of clean lines, neutral colors with pops of… something sophisticated. Think expensive hotel room, but a residential one. Minimalism? Maybe. But more like “minimalism with really, *really* expensive stuff.” And the walk-in closet? Oh, honey, that’s the *dream*. Based on the floor plans, and the way the light hits everything… you're in luck. Those walk-in closets are basically small apartments in themselves. I mean, you could probably live in one. (Don't do that. Probably.) But yes, you *can* probably fit your entire shoe collection and then some. My dream is officially a reality. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying every single pair of shoes *and* an apartment in Lexington Tower. It's practical, right?
Okay, so… the price. Let's rip the band-aid off. How much are we talking? Give me a rough estimate, and please… don’t make me faint.
*Deep breath* Okay, here we go. The price… it’s… *significant*. Let's just say it’s on the higher end of the Medan luxury market. I peeped around, and you're looking at a few *billion* rupiah, depending on the size and the floor. And honestly, I don't want to know more. Because the price probably changes every few days. *Billion*! I'm still trying to comprehend that. I’m talking buy a small house, get a car, and still have a few million rupiah left over kind of money. It's a bit much, even for someone who occasionally dreams of having a butler. But if you can afford it… well, you're living the dream, baby. And you’re probably not reading this. You're probably too busy sipping champagne on your balcony, overlooking… well, Medan.
What are some *potential* downsides? Every rose has its thorns, right? (Besides my crippling lack of funds, obviously.)
Okay, let’s be realistic. Even Shangri-La has a few… imperfections. (I assume. I've never been to one.) * **The Cost:** We've established this is a Big Deal. Recurring monthly fees for upkeep and maintenance would probably be insane. * **The… Medan-ness:** While close to the city center, it's still… Medan. Traffic, noise, air quality (not always the best) are all unavoidable realities. You're still living in Medan. * **The Neighbors:** You're going to be surrounded by… wealthy people. Which, honestly, can be great. But it can lead to weird competition and the occasional passive-aggressive HOA meeting. * **The "Show Unit" Factor:** The show unit is *always* perfect. So, will everything be as flawless as it looks? That’s the million-dollar question (or should I say, the *billion* rupiah question?).
Is there any kind of guarantee that the investment will even be good?
*Sigh*. Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room: investments. Buying an apartment is a huge financial commitment. Is Lexington Tower a good investment? Honestly? I'm no financial advisor. However, considering the location,Delightful Hotels

